Pej also advises clients in connection with the formation, structuring and recapitalization of real estate operating companies/platforms (including private REITs), programmatic joint venture arrangements and real estate investment funds and other investment vehicles, including sponsor capital and GP-capital funds.
In addition, Pej has significant experience in preferred equity transactions, construction financing, mortgage- and mezzanine-financing arrangements, ground leases, the acquisition and disposition of real property (including entity level sales) and the formation and structuring of “qualified opportunity zone funds” and “qualified opportunity zone businesses.”
- Formed the on-going sponsor operating company arrangement between the former head of The Carlyle Group’s New York real estate transactions group and an institutional international multibillion dollar conglomerate
- Innovo Property Group on a variety of real estate transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, mortgage and mezzanine financing, and various property-level and up-tier joint ventures transactions and other equity arrangements for various property investments in the NYC area
- ATCO Properties in the formation and operation of a sponsor capital platform for the making of GP-capital investments in select strategic markets in the U.S.
- ATCO Properties on a variety of real estate transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, and various property-level and up-tier joint ventures transactions and other equity arrangements for property investments around the U.S.
- A client in a discretionary programmatic capital allocation from an institutional fund for the funding of so-called “sponsor capital” for the acquisition of properties throughout the NYC area
- An institutional client in various debt and equity investments in a variety of real estate operating company platforms through multi-tiered joint venture structures and through the formation of real estate funds
- ATCO Properties in the formation and operation of an equity platform formed to develop a multi-phase 70-acre planned community in Charlotte and subsequent joint venture arrangements from property-level institutional capital providers for the phased development of the community
- Colony NorthStar, Inc. in the acquisition of an ownership interest in RXR Realty’s portfolio of New York City properties having a value exceeding $6.5 billion and consisting of 108 properties, and the launch of a new non-traded REIT platform
- Colony NorthStar, Inc. in various strategic investments in real estate operating company platforms including a European AIFMD-approved asset manager and a select-service hotel operator and property manager
- An institutional client in various debt, preferred equity and common equity investments made in connection with the formation of various private REITs including a mortgage REIT with a multibillion dollar equity capitalization and a senior-housing health care REIT
- ATCO Properties in the acquisition, subsequent equity capitalizations and disposition of various properties in NYC including the recapitalization of 240 West 35th Street through a 49 percent equity investment by an Israeli insurance company and a GP co-investment in and the ultimate disposition of 850 Third Avenue
- A client in the acquisition of an assemblage of properties in the Soho neighborhood of Manhattan in connection with the development of a mixed-use condominium as well as various property-level, co-GP and other up-tier equity capitalization transactions, mortgage and mezzanine pre-development financing, construction financing, and EB-5 mezzanine financing for the vertical development
Pej is recognized for Real Estate in New York by Super Lawyers.
Pej received his J.D., magna cum laude, from New York University School of Law and his A.B., cum laude, from Harvard College.
Firm News & Announcements
Firm News & Announcements
- Pejman (Pej) Razavilar Rejoins Weil As Real Estate Partner in New York and Miami Press Release — September 28, 2022