Notable Representations, Key Contacts
“[Weil] has been handling high-stakes patent litigation since before this became fashionable – years of experience give its lawyers a natural feel for how judges in different venues might respond to various arguments and approaches.” — IAM Patent 1000
Our litigators have a great track record in patent cases across all the major venues in the United States. We effectively advance our clients’ objectives, whether those are winning a dispute in court or negotiating an advantageous license. Our team provides clients with experience across multiple sectors, including semiconductors, high tech, telecom, pharmaceutical and biotechnology therapeutics, biotechnology research tools, medical devices, chemicals, manufacturing, and consumer products.
Integrated, Full-Service Patent Dispute Practice
Attorneys in the Patent Litigation group have extensive experience litigating and trying cases in all the major patent venues. We understand the landscape in each court and tribunal; this deep knowledge gives our clients a strategic advantage in high-stakes proceedings. Our patent litigators regularly represent clients in:
- U.S. District Courts: Our litigators have extensive experience, and have achieved significant wins, in the District of Delaware, the Eastern District of Texas, the Northern and Central Districts of California, the Eastern District of Virginia, the District of New Jersey, and others.
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals: Clients rely on Weil’s patent appeals practice for its experience, acumen, and ability to deliver win after win in the Federal Circuit.
- U.S. International Trade Commission: Our lawyers regularly represent clients in high-stakes investigations under the ITC’s fast-paced procedures.
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board: We regularly work with clients on challenges to the validity of patents at the PTAB, in Inter Partes Review (IPR), Post-Grant Review, and Covered Business Method Review proceedings, both as Patent Owners and Petitioners.
- IP Due Diligence: We offer a multidisciplinary Strategic IP Counseling group that focuses on patent portfolio analysis, pre-dispute counseling and investigations, and IP transactions.
The Team’s Technical Depth
Recognized as a go-to firm for high-stakes patent litigation, we offer a deep bench of litigators with diverse technical and scientific backgrounds, including graduate and undergraduate degrees in: electrical engineering, physics, mechanical engineering, computer science, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, and cell biology.
Ranked among the leading firms nationally for Patent Contentious and PTAB Litigation
Managing Intellectual Property 2019
Strong litigation practice engaged by leading names in the telecommunications, life sciences and hi-tech manufacturing arenas.”
Chambers USA 2018
Ranked among the leading firms in the U.S. for Intellectual Property: Patent
Chambers Global 2019
Top 10 firm in the PTAB
Docket Navigator 2018