He has advised on various high profile, complex and multi-jurisdictional M&A transactions, with a particular focus on cross-border merger control and foreign investment reviews. His experience covers antitrust and regulatory proceedings before the European Commission, EU member states, the UK CMA and various key regulators globally.
Prior to joining Weil, Nick was a senior associate at a global law firm in London and before that practiced as an associate at a leading US firm in Brussels.
He regularly advises private equity firms, sovereign wealth funds and corporations across a wide range of industry sectors.
Representative experience from previous firms includes:
- Advising BNF Capital Limited on its investment in Rolls-Royce nuclear power Small Modular Reactors
- Advising KPS Capital Partners on merger control and FDI aspects of various transactions
- Advising Royal Mail Group on competition law aspects of its new long-term commercial agreement with Post Office Limited
- Advising Generali Group and DZ Bank on merger control aspects of their acquisition of Puerto Venecia Shopping Complex
- Advising DuPont on the conditional approval of the $130 billion merger of equals with The Dow Chemical Company
- Advising DuPont on a business swap with FMC Corporation, exchanging portions of DuPont’s crop protection business for FMC’s health and nutrition business
- Advising TPG Capital and its portfolio company The Warranty Group on merger control aspects of its acquisition by Assurant
- Advising Patheon on merger control aspects of its $7.2 billion acquisition by Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc