Lucy Chambers is an associate in Weil’s Antitrust practice.
She advises on all aspects of EU and UK competition law, including merger control, cartel investigations, restrictive practices, market dominance, and general counselling and compliance. Her experience covers antitrust and regulatory proceedings before the European Commission, EU member states, the UK CMA and other key regulators globally. In particular, she has significant experience on various high profile, complex and multi-jurisdictional M&A transactions, with a particular focus on cross-border merger control and foreign investment reviews.
Lucy’s experience encompasses a broad range of industries, including technology and digital markets, pharmaceuticals, financial services, media, telecommunications, consumer goods, aviation, life sciences, and industrial/manufacturing sectors. Prior to joining Weil, Lucy was a senior associate at a Magic Circle firm.
Lucy is involved in American Bar Association Antitrust Section as a vice-Chair of the M&A Committee.
Lucy is a Tutor at Oxford University, where she tutors the undergraduate Competition Law and Policy course at the Faculty of Law.
Representative experience from her previous firm includes:
- Advising Richemont International on the merger control and foreign investment aspects of the joint venture between Yoox Net-a-Porter and Farfetch
- Advising clients in various sectors during Article 101 and Article 102 investigations before the European Commission, including Sabre Corporation in the airline ticket distribution investigation
- Advising S&P Global on the merger control and foreign investment aspects of its acquisition of IHS Markit
- Advising Korean Airlines on the UK merger control aspects of its acquisition of Asiana Airlines
- Advising Warner Music Group on the CMA market study into music and streaming
- Advising Sabre Corporation on the merger control aspects and subsequent CAT appeal relating to its attempted acquisition of Farelogix, Inc.
- Advising Tata Steel Limited on the merger control aspects of its attempted joint venture with ThyssenKrupp
- Advising Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. on merger control aspects of its $7.2 billion acquisition of Patheon
- Advising Koninklijke Philips NV on follow-on damages litigation following the Smart Card Chip cartel
- Competition compliance advice and training to multiple corporations across several sectors including semiconductors and insurance