Carla represents clients before the U.S. antitrust agencies, and has significant experience in government investigations before the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Department of Justice (DOJ), as well as experience with administrative, Part III litigation before the FTC. Her experience encompasses a wide-range of industries, including private equity, consumer products, construction materials, oil and related exploration products and services, veterinary clinics, gasoline, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, health care, energy, defense, and sports teams.
Carla is active in leadership of the American Bar Association Antitrust Section, and is currently serving as Co-Chair of the Mergers & Acquisitions Committee. Carla has been recommended by The Legal 500 as an antitrust attorney that “does an excellent job,” and selected for inclusion in the Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers-2018-2020, and the Washington,D.C. Super Lawyers-Rising Stars Edition 2013-2015.
- Securing U.S. antitrust clearance for Forterra, Inc. in its sale to Quikrete.
- Platinum Equity in its acquisition of HarbisonWalker International, Inc.
- SK Capital in its acquisition of Apotex
- L Catterton’s Beauty Industry Group in its acquisition of BELLAMI Hair
- TPG Rise in its acquisition of Element, and merger of Bluesource with Element
- Oaktree Transportation Infrastructure Group in its strategic partnership with AIP in Rand
- Guidon Operating LLC in the divestiture of all leasehold interests and related assets to Diamondback Energy, Inc. for a mixture of cash and shares of Diamondback common stock
- Janus International Group, Inc. in its acquisition of DBCI
- L Catterton-led consortium in its acquisition of Truck Hero, Inc.
- Donuts Inc. in its acquisition of Afilias, Inc.
- Insignia Capital Group and its portfolio company Truco Enterprises in Truco’s sale to Utz Brands, Inc.
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $12 billion all-stock merger of equals with Devon Energy Corporation
- L Catterton in its US$250 million investment in Jio Platforms, a next-generation Indian technology company and subsidiary of Reliance Industries
- Blackstone in its $22 billion merger of Kronos Incorporated and Ultimate Software
- Hilcorp Alaska in its $5.6 billion acquisition of BP’s upstream and midstream business in Alaska
- FastMed Holdings I, LLC and certain of its affiliates (“FastMed”) in their deleveraging transaction.
- Callon Petroleum Company in its $3.2 billion acquisition of Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc.
- C&J Energy Services in an approximately $1.8 billion merger-of-equals with Keane Group
- Mycom Group Limited in its sale to Inflexion Private Equity
- Clearlake Capital Group in its acquisition of Team Technologies Holding Company
- Lovell Minnick Partners in its majority investment in SRS Acquiom
- Clearlake Capital Group in its sale of Sage Automotive Interiors
- Shermco Industries in its sale to Gryphon Investors
- Cyanco International, LLC in its acquisition by Cerberus Capital Management L.P.
- OmniClaim, a healthcare cost containment and payment integrity solutions provider, in its sale to Equian, a portfolio company of New Mountain Capital
*includes matters handled prior to joining Weil