Yannick Piette is a Corporate partner in the Paris office. His practice involves a wide range of mergers and acquisitions-related matters both for public and private companies. He regularly represents listed companies in high profile domestic and cross-border merger and acquisitions transactions, friendly and hostile takeovers, business reorganizations, spin-offs and carve-outs. He also advises clients on corporate and governance matters, as well as on hostile takeover defense strategies.
Yannick has notably advised:
- Total on its $8.8 billion acquisition of Anadarko African assets;
- Terreïs on its €1.7bn sale of real estate assets to Swiss Life;
- Rallye on its €3.8 billion restructuring;
- the French State on the €1.9 billion privatization and IPO of Française des Jeux;
- Orchestra on its restructuring;
- JC Decaux on its acquisition of 15.4% stake in Eurazeo;
- Eurosic on its €2.3bn offer for Foncière de Paris;
- Orange on the acquisition of Bharti Airtel in Burkina Faso and Sierra Leone;
- CGG on its $2.2 billion restructuring;
- Icade on its €2.6 billion offer for Silic;
- Gaz Transport and Technigaz on its IPO;
- Solvay on its €3.4 billion offer for Rhodia;
- Icade on its €1.2 billion offer for Compagnie la Lucette;
- the French State on its €5 billion investment in BPCE; and
- the Caisse des dépôts et consignations on the creation of the French sovereign wealth fund (€20 billion).
Yannick is ranked by Chambers and Legal 500 as a leading M&A lawyer. Clients describe him as “bright and amazing”, “very practical and precise in his advice and risk analysis”, “really being able to translate legal concepts into operational advice in a business context” (Chambers Europe) and “outstanding in negotiations and very connected” (Legal 500).
Yannick joined Weil in 2014 from a major international law firm, where he was a partner in the Paris office.
Yannick graduated EDHEC Business School in 1999 and received his post-graduate degree in corporate law from University of Lille II in 2000.
Firm News & Announcements, Speaking Engagements, Guides and Resources, Latest Thinking, Awards and Recognition
Firm News & Announcements
- Yannick Piette Recognized as a 2022 Elite Business Lawyer by Décideurs Magazine Firm Announcement — January 25, 2023
- Two Weil Attorneys Named Top CAC 40 Lawyers in 2022 by LJA in Partnership with Forbes Firm Announcement — July 19, 2022
- SEC Adopts No Fault Executive Compensation Clawback Rules for Listed Companies: Covers “little r” Restatements Alert — Governance & Securities — By P.J. Himelfarb, Lyuba Goltser, Howard B. Dicker and Shira Barron — PDF — November 01, 2022
- SEC Partially Rescinds Its Rules Relating to the Provision of Proxy Voting Advice Alert — Governance & Securities — By Catherine T. Dixon and Howard B. Dicker — PDF — August 15, 2022
- SEC Proposes Changes to Shareholder Proposal Rule 14a-8 Alert — Governance & Securities — By Adé Heyliger and Bianca Lazar — PDF — July 22, 2022
- SEC Targets “Greenwashing” by Investment Funds: More Proposals on the SEC ESG Agenda Alert — Governance & Securities — By Lyuba Goltser, Adé Heyliger, Robert Stern, David E. Wohl and John H. Bradshaw — PDF — June 21, 2022
- SEC Proposes Broad Changes for SPACs and De-SPACs Alert — Governance & Securities — By Frank R. Adams, James R. Griffin, Adé Heyliger, Alexander D. Lynch and Steven Bentsianov — PDF — April 08, 2022