Irina regularly represents sponsors, developers, equity investors, energy and clean energy technology companies, and design and construction contractors in a variety of commercial matters involving the energy sector, including project development, project finance, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other strategic business arrangements, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts, equipment supply agreements, power purchase agreements, interconnection agreements, and operation and maintenance agreements.
Experience—Energy Development & Construction*
- A developer in the construction of hydrogen mobility fueling project.
- A solar and storage developer in master equipment supply agreement.
- A leading designer and builder of power generation facilities in connection with engineering, construction and procurement agreements for combined cycle power generation facilities in the United States.
- A leading designer and builder of power generation and energy storage solutions in connection with engineering, construction and procurement agreements for energy battery storage projects in the United States.
- A U.S. critical minerals mining and processing company in connection with construction of its manufacturing facility.
- A public utility in connection with its solicitations to procure construction and maintenance services for its remote grid program.
- A leading supplier of biofuels in capacity expansion of its biorefinery, including the engineering, procurement and construction management agreement.
- A developer of an LNG export terminal and storage facility with respect to engineering, procurement and construction agreement.
- A large independent electric transmission company in connection with the development of a 1000 MW bi-directional high-voltage direct current transmission line between the United States and Canada, including engineering, procurement and construction contract, and operation and maintenance agreement.
- A developer in connection with construction and operation of a floating LNG regasification terminal, the first of its kind in Sub-Saharan Africa, including engineering, procurement and construction contract.
- An environmental services group in connection with its acquisition of a nuclear center and related site for decommissioning and restoration.
- A leading clean energy generator in connection with multiple contemplated acquisitions of multistate renewable power project (wind, solar and storage) portfolios (up to 2.4 GW).
- A leading clean energy generator in acquisition of a portfolio of multi-state wind power projects (just under 400 MW).
- A leading clean energy generator in acquisition of a California wind project (just over 100 MW).
- A leading clean energy generator in acquisition of a transmission utility for $1 billion, including assumption of debt.
- A leading clean energy company in acquisition of a majority interest in a proposed pumped storage hydroelectric project.
- A leading asset manager in acquisition of solar assets in the United States.
- The owner of large private solar and storage company in acquisition of the remainder interests in the company.
- An investor in a carbon offset credits offtake agreement.
- A leading clean energy generator in formation of JV for mobility electrification.
- A leading clean energy generator in multiple hydrogen offtake agreements.
- A leading manufacturer of heavy-duty battery-electric and fuel-cell electric commercial vehicles and energy solutions in a potential JV for the development of national refueling infrastructure.
- A critical minerals mining and processing company in connection with supply agreements with its customers.
- The suppliers and off-takers in various hydrogen offtake arrangements.
- A leading supplier of biofuels in the issuance of green bonds.
- A public utility in connection with its solicitations to procure capacity to meet resource adequacy requirements within its electric distribution service area.
- A public utility in connection with a distributed generation enabled microgrid services project.
- A lender with respect to project finance for a solar energy storage project in Hawaii.
- A major electricity and gas company in a note offering and letter of credit facility for a portfolio of eight solar projects located in the United States.
- A leading residential solar service company in connection with strategic alliance and services agreements with a designer and manufacturer of energy management technology.
- The subordinated lender in connection with an innovative roadway lighting project in Ensenada, Mexico.
- A major power generation and utility company in connection with a power purchase agreement for a generation plant in Hawaii.
- Public and private clients in oil and gas investments onshore and offshore in the United States, including Rosneft and Exxon Mobil structuring of initial investment strategy in certain of Exxon Mobil Corporation’s onshore and offshore U.S. oil and gas assets.
- A major Russian oil company on a multi-billion-dollar post-bankruptcy arbitration.
- The owners and developers in a range of design and construction contracts for industrial, commercial, education and healthcare improvements.
- A supplier of software solutions and services in the sale of its business to a leading global provider of hardware and software solutions.
- A wine producer in the sale of its business to an international producer and marketer of beer, wine and spirits.
- A bourbon producer in the sale of its business to an international producer and marketer of beer, wine and spirits.
- An agricultural business in negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements with growers of certain types of trees for generation of clean energy and animal feed.
- The borrowers in numerous term and revolver financing arrangements as well as note purchase agreements.
Irina is an Advisory Board Member of the Institute for Energy Law.
Irina received her LL.M. from the University of Texas School of Law and her LL.B., from the University of Glasgow. She is fluent in Russian.
*Includes matters handled prior to joining Weil.