Chantale’s practice focuses on representing corporate clients in complex commercial litigation and high-stakes business disputes in federal court, including in matters involving transactional disputes, business torts, commercial fraud, and consumer protection claims. She has successfully led the defense of clients in a range of industries, including financial services, consumer products, media, and tech.
Chantale is an accomplished trial lawyer. She has served as trial counsel in federal jury and bench trials across the country, including in high-profile disputes relating to new and emerging tech, the financial services industry, public nuisance claims, and joint venture disputes. In addition, Chantale has led the defense of clients including PepsiCo in high-stakes arbitrations, where she has obtained favorable outcomes for her clients through effective cross-examinations of senior executives and adverse expert witnesses.
She also has extensive experience defeating nationwide class actions. Chantale has served as lead counsel in dozens of putative class actions, most involving high-profile claims of corporate fraud, unfair business practices, false advertising, or consumer deception. She also represents clients in related proceedings or parallel litigation, including against state attorneys general.
Some of Chantale’s recent representative engagements include*:
- Represented Meta in federal bench trial relating to proposed acquisition of virtual reality studio
- Represented Giant Eagle in federal jury trial in case asserting public nuisance claims relating to opioid epidemic
- Represented General Electric in complex, multi-defendant litigation relating to residential real estate
- Representing Facebook in civil litigation alleging consumer deception claims relating to Cambridge Analytica
- Representing a defendant against Blueprint Capital Advisors’ allegations of RICO, discrimination, and breach of contract violations by multiple Wall Street institutions
- Representing the former chief investment officer of a hedge fund in civil litigation in the S.D.N.Y. alleging widespread RICO violations and corporate fraud by Beechwood Re
- Representing a defendant in civil litigation alleging securities violations relating to the dissolution of a mutual fund
- Representing a global manufacturer in a derivative suit alleging false and misleading corporate statements and disclosures
- Representing a global food and beverage manufacturer in nationwide class actions alleging consumer deception
- Representing Daimler AG and Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC in a nationwide class action alleging RICO and consumer protection violations
Chantale has been recognized throughout the industry for her expertise and success in complex litigation. In 2023, Lawdragon named her one of its 500 Leading Lawyers in America, in recognition of her expertise and leadership in the area of litigation. She has been featured by the American Lawyer, Law360 and the National Law Journal, and has been widely cited for her work in publications such as Politico. She has served as an adjunct professor at Georgetown University Law Center, where she taught an advanced seminar on class action law and practice. Chantale is a frequent writer and speaker on issues relating to class action law, complex litigation, and trial advocacy.
Prior to joining Weil, Chantale was a partner at another international law firm. Earlier, she served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Eastern District of Michigan. As an AUSA, Chantale served as lead trial counsel in cases involving public corruption and other charges, and successfully represented the federal government in more than 20 appeals in the Sixth Circuit.
Chantale received her law degree from Stanford Law School, where she was an articles editor on the Stanford Law Review. She received her undergraduate degree in economics from the University of Virginia, where she was an Echols Scholar. Chantale also served as a judicial clerk for Judge Rosemary Barkett on the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Before law school, she worked as a financial analyst at a global investment management firm in New York.
Chantale is also an experienced board director. She has served on the board of organizations such as Racquet Up Detroit, and currently serves on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors for Levine Music.
Chantale is admitted to practice in Washington D.C. She is also a member of the bar of the State of New York, and admitted to practice in S.D.N.Y. and E.D.N.Y.
* includes matters handled prior to joining Weil
Firm News & Announcements, Awards and Recognition, Speaking Engagements, Guides and Resources, Latest Thinking
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Represents Meta in High-Stakes Trial Victory Over FTC Litigation Win — February 06, 2023
- Two Weil Partners Named Among the 500 Leading Lawyers in America by Lawdragon in 2023 Firm Announcement — January 18, 2023
Awards and Recognition
- Chantale Fiebig Named Next Generation Lawyer for General Commercial Disputes in the U.S. Award Brief — Legal 500
- Three Strategies for Combating Parallel Litigation Alert — Class Action Monitor — By Chantale Fiebig, Pravin R. Patel and Mark Pinkert — PDF — September 30, 2022
- Three Strategies for Combating Parallel Litigation Publication — New York Law Journal — By Chantale Fiebig, Pravin R. Patel and Mark Pinkert — September 21, 2022