Jeffrey regularly advises major pharmaceutical companies in connection with licensing and collaboration agreements; represents semiconductor and other technology companies in connection with development and licensing agreements; leads the technology and intellectual property aspects of major corporate transactions; and advises on the treatment of intellectual property matters in bankruptcy cases.
Jeffrey lived in Japan from May 1997 to May 1998 where he worked in-house on loan to the headquarters of Panasonic Corporation.
Jeffrey is ranked Band 1 for Technology in New York by Chambers USA, where clients note “he’s just extremely thorough and he has the memory of an elephant” and “he’s one of the top lawyers in this space, a very knowledgeable and impressive individual.” He is also recommended for Patents: Licensing, Technology Transactions, Media and Entertainment: Transactional and Healthcare: Life Sciences by Legal 500 US. Jeffrey is recognized as an “IP Star” for IP Transactions and Trademarks by Managing Intellectual Property and a “Life Sciences Star” by LMG Life Sciences Guide and was named 2022 and 2020 “Lawyer of the Year” for Technology Law in New York by Best Lawyers in America. Jeffrey was shortlisted as “Practitioner of the Year (IP Transactions)” for Managing Intellectual Property’s 2022 Americas Awards. He is recognized as a “Global Leader” in New York by IAM Global Leaders and is “Highly Recommended” by IAM Patent 1000, where clients have noted he has “a stellar ability to see the forest through the trees, is a clear and concise draftsman and a constructive negotiator,” and he is “the kind of sophisticated IP lawyer you need on a tough deal – he understands his clients’ industry and business, and fights hard while communicating clearly in negotiations to get to a resolution.” Jeffrey was also named a 2016 Technology “MVP” by Law360.
Awards and Recognition, Speaking Engagements, Guides and Resources, Firm News & Announcements
Awards and Recognition
- Jeffrey Osterman Ranked Band 1 for Technology in New York Award Brief — Chambers USA
- Jeffrey Osterman Named a “Leading” Lawyer for Technology in the U.S. Award Brief — Chambers USA
- Jeffery Osterman Named 2022 and 2020 “Lawyer of the Year” for Technology Law in New York Award Brief — Best Lawyers in America
- Jeffrey Osterman Named an "IP Star" for IP Transactions and Trademarks in New York Award Brief — Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars
- Jeffrey Osterman Recognized as a “Life Sciences Star” Award Brief — LMG Life Sciences Guide
- Jeffrey Osterman Named a “Global Leader” in New York Award Brief — IAM Patent 1000 Global Leaders Guide
- Jeffrey Osterman “Highly Recommended” for Transactions in New York Award Brief — IAM Patent 1000
- Jeffrey Osterman Recommended for Patents: Licensing, Technology Transactions, Media and Entertainment: Transactional and Healthcare: Life Sciences Award Brief — Legal 500 US
PLI's IP Issues in Business Transactions 2022
Jeffrey D. Osterman
February 4, 2022 — San Francisco, CA — Weil Technology & IP Transactions Co-Head Jeffrey Osterman spoke on a panel titled “Bankruptcy Issues in IP Transactions” as part of PLI’s IP Issues in Business Transactions 2022.
PLI’s IP Issues in Business Transactions 2022
Jeffrey D. Osterman
January 5, 2022 — New York, NY — Weil Technology & IP Transactions partner Jeffrey Osterman spoke on a panel titled “Bankruptcy Issues in IP Transactions” as part of PLI’s IP Issues in Business Transactions 2022.
Firm News & Announcements
- Five Weil Partners Named in IAM Global Leaders 2023 Firm Announcement — November 28, 2022
- Weil and 10 Partners Ranked in 2022 Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars Firm Announcement — September 30, 2022
- Weil Recognized in 2022 LMG Life Sciences Guide Firm Announcement — September 26, 2022
- Weil Advises Apollo Infrastructure and Parallel Infrastructure in Parallel’s Sale to Harmoni Towers Deal Brief — August 30, 2022
- Weil Advised Vonage Holdings Corp. in its $6.2B Sale to Ericsson Deal Brief — July 21, 2022
- Weil’s IP Practices Receive Outstanding Recognition in 2022 IAM Patent 1000 Survey Firm Announcement — July 05, 2022