Dennis Adams is an associate in Weil’s Technology & IP Transactions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Adams participates in the representation of Firm clients in a variety of matters relating to the licensing, acquisition, development, sale, use and commercial exploitation of intellectual property and technology.
Mr. Adams has been part of the teams advising on the technology and intellectual property aspects of the following matters:
- Advent International Corporation in its acquisitions of Culligan International Company, Noosa Yoghurt, LLC and Distribution International, Inc.; and in its acquisitions of Clearent Corp. and FieldEdge and the simultaneous merger of the two companies.
- American Securities LLC in its acquisitions of Emerald Performance Materials and NAPA Management Services Corporation.
- Atos S.E. in its $1.1 billion acquisition of the information technology outsourcing business of Xerox Corporation.
- Avista Capital Partners and MPI Research, Inc. in the sale of MPI Research to Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. and Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corp. in its acquisition of Organogenesis Inc.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and Brookfield Property Partners L.P. (BPY) in BPY's $14.4 billion acquisition of the approximately 66% of common stock that it did not already own of GGP Inc. (f/k/a General Growth Properties Inc.).
- Campbell Soup Company in its $2.2 billion sale of Campbell International, Inc.; in its $510 million sale of Bolthouse Farms and in its $300 million sale of Kelsen Group A/S.
- Centerbridge Partners in its $1.2 billion acquisition of IPC Systems, Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company in its global licensing and research collaboration with, and equity investment in, Dicerna Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; and in a global licensing and research collaboration with Avidity Biosciences LLC.
- First Data Corporation in its acquisition of Acculynk.
- General Electric Capital Corporation in the sale of its North American tank car rail assets and railcar repair business to Marmon Holdings, Inc., and sale of General Electric Railcar Services LLC to Wells Fargo & Co.
- The Home Depot, Inc. in its acquisition of the assets of The Company Store Group, LLC.
- Intel Corporation in its $16.7 billion acquisition of Altera Corporation and in its acquisition of Recon Instruments, Inc.
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisition of a majority stake in Vericity, Inc.
- Lenovo Group Ltd. in its approximately $2.9 billion acquisition of the Motorola Mobility smartphone business from Google Inc.
- L’Oréal USA in its $1.3 billion acquisition of the CeraVe, AcneFree and AMBI skincare product brands from Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (n/k/a Bausch Health Companies).
- Providence Equity Partners in its investments in Topgolf Entertainment Group, VectorLearning (now d/b/a Vector Solutions) and VitalSmarts, acquisition of a majority interest in DoubleVerify, Inc., and sale of World Endurance Holdings, Inc.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its acquisitions of BirdDogHR and ExakTime Innovations, Inc.; in its investment, alongside Silversmith Capital Partners, in Validity, Inc.; in its investment in Blue Star Sports (n/k/a Stack Sports) and in Blue Star’s acquisitions of Bonzi Technology, Inc. and Pointstreak Sports Technologies, Inc.; in its investment in and sale of a majority stake in LogicMonitor Inc.; in its investment in Skybox Security, Inc.; in Pineapple Payments LLC’s acquisition of Payline Data Services LLC; and in its sale of YourCause Holdings, LLC.
- Sanofi in its exclusive licensing agreement with MannKind Corporation.
- Signet Jewelers Limited in its approximately $1.4 billion acquisition of Zale Corporation.
- Verizon Communications Inc. in its acquisition of Intel Media from Intel Corporation.
- Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC in its $4.6 billion sale of substantially all of its global business to Brookfield Business Partners L.P.
- Willis Group Holdings plc in its $18 billion merger of equals with Towers Watson & Co.
- Yahoo! Inc. in its $4.5 billion sale of its operating business to Verizon Communications Inc