Dennis Adams is an associate in Weil’s Technology & IP Transactions practice and is based in New York.
Mr. Adams participates in the representation of Firm clients in a variety of matters relating to the licensing, acquisition, development, sale, use and commercial exploitation of intellectual property and technology.
Mr. Adams has been part of the teams advising on the technology and intellectual property aspects of the following matters:
- Advent International Corporation in its acquisitions of Culligan International Company, Noosa Yoghurt, LLC and Distribution International, Inc.
- Aimbridge Hospitality Holdings, LLC in its sale to Advent International.
- American Securities LLC in its acquisitions of Emerald Performance Materials and NAPA Management Services Corporation.
- Atos S.E. in its $1.1 billion acquisition of the information technology outsourcing business of Xerox Corporation.
- Avista Capital Partners and MPI Research, Inc. in the approximately $800 million sale of MPI Research to Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. and Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Avista Capital Holdings, in its pending stock-for-stock merger with Organogenesis Inc.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and Brookfield Property Partners L.P. (BPY) in BPY's $14.4 billion acquisition of the approximately 66% of common stock that it did not already own of GGP Inc. (f/k/a General Growth Properties Inc.).
- Centerbridge Partners in its $1.2 billion acquisition of IPC Systems, Inc.
- First Data Corporation in its acquisition of Acculynk.
- General Electric Capital Corporation in the sale of its North American tank car rail assets and railcar repair business to Marmon Holdings, Inc., and sale of General Electric Railcar Services LLC to Wells Fargo & Co.
- The Home Depot, Inc. in its acquisition of the assets of The Company Store Group, LLC.
- Intel Corporation in its $16.7 billion acquisition of Altera Corporation and in its acquisition of Recon Instruments, Inc.
- Lenovo Group Ltd. in its approximately $2.9 billion acquisition of the Motorola Mobility smartphone business from Google Inc.
- L’Oréal USA in its $1.3 billion acquisition of the CeraVe, AcneFree and AMBI skincare product brands from Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (n/k/a Bausch Health Companies).
- Pineapple Payments LLC (a portfolio company of Providence Strategic Growth Partners) in its acquisition of Payline Data Services LLC.
- Providence Equity Partners in its investments in Topgolf Entertainment Group, VectorLearning (now d/b/a Vector Solutions) and VitalSmarts, acquisition of a majority interest in DoubleVerify, Inc., and sale of World Endurance Holdings, Inc.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its acquisitions of BirdDogHR and ExakTime Innovations, Inc.; in its investment in Blue Star Sports (n/k/a Stack Sports) and in Blue Star’s acquisitions of Bonzi Technology, Inc. and Pointstreak Sports Technologies, Inc.; in its investment in and sale of a majority stake in LogicMonitor Inc.; and in its investment in Skybox Security, Inc.
- Sanofi in its exclusive licensing agreement with MannKind Corporation.
- Signet Jewelers Limited in its approximately $1.4 billion acquisition of Zale Corporation.
- Verizon Communications Inc. in its acquisition of Intel Media from Intel Corporation.
- Willis Group Holdings plc in its $18 billion merger of equals with Towers Watson & Co.
- Yahoo! Inc. in its $4.5 billion sale of its operating business to Verizon Communications Inc.