Brian Maher is a partner in the Structured Finance & Derivatives practice. He advises on a wide range of finance matters including performing and non-performing loan portfolio acquisitions and financings, securitisations, CLOs, covered bonds, restructurings, refinancings, development loans, warehouse facilities, asset-based lending and secured loan transactions.
Brian is recognised as a Rising Star by IFLR1000 UK for Structured Finance and Securitisation and recommended for Securitisation by Legal 500 UK.
Representative experience includes advising:
- Funds and financing banks on NPL portfolio acquisitions and financings across Europe including Project Fleta, Project Jaipur, Project Goya, Project Virage, Project Koala, Project Flash, Project River, Project Phoenix, Project Leinster & Munster, Project Finn, Project Neptune, Project Deepsea and Project Rapide
- Bain Capital Credit on NPL portfolio acquisition financings
- KKR Credit on NPL portfolio acquisitions and structured financings
- Deutsche Bank on numerous NPL portfolio acquisitions and financings
- Davidson Kempner on the acquisition and securitisation of a portfolio of non-conforming mortgage loans as well as other NPL portfolio acquisitions in the UK and Ireland
- Apollo on their European CLOs
- Barclays, Credit Suisse, JP Morgan and Lloyds Bank on the UK Government’s student loan securitisation
- Arrangers and Joint Lead Managers on various ABS warehouses and securitisations
- Barclays as the most significant stakeholder in the Theatre 1 and Theatre 2 whole business securitisations relating to General Healthcare Group (value in excess of £1.5 billion), which Debtwire described as arguably the most complex European securitisation restructuring
- The dealers on Lloyds’ credit card and RMBS master trust securitisation programmes
- The arranger and dealers on Barclays’ credit card and RMBS master trust securitisation programmes
- Lloyds Bank as arranger on a number of UK auto-loan securitisations