Brian Maher is a partner in the Structured Finance & Derivatives practice. He advises on a wide range of finance matters including performing and non-performing loan portfolio acquisitions and financings, securitisations, CLOs, covered bonds, restructurings, refinancings, development loans, warehouse facilities, asset-based lending and secured loan transactions.
Brian is recognised as a Rising Star by IFLR1000 UK for Structured Finance and Securitisation and recommended for Securitisation by Legal 500 UK.
Representative experience includes advising:
- Funds and financing banks on NPL and PL portfolio acquisitions and financings across Europe including Projects Redwood, Padstow, Pine, Henrico, Wind, Fleta, Jaipur, Goya, Virage, Koala, Flash, River, Phoenix, Leinster & Munster, Finn, Neptune, Deepsea and Rapide
- TPG Sixth Street Partners on various asset-backed financings
- Deutsche Bank on numerous loan portfolio acquisitions and financings
- Apollo on their European CLOs
- Bain Capital Credit on NPL portfolio financings
- KKR Credit on NPL portfolio acquisitions and structured financings
- Davidson Kempner on the acquisition and securitisation of a portfolio of non-conforming mortgage loans as well as other NPL portfolio acquisitions in the UK and Ireland
- Credit Suisse, JP Morgan, Lloyds Bank and another major financial institution on the UK Government’s student loan securitisation
- A major financial institution as the most significant stakeholder in the Theatre 1 and Theatre 2 whole business securitisations relating to General Healthcare Group (value in excess of £1.5 billion), which Debtwire described as arguably the most complex European securitisation restructuring
- The dealers on Lloyds’ credit card and RMBS master trust securitisation programmes
- The arranger and dealers on a major financial institution’s credit card and RMBS master trust securitisation programmes
- Lloyds Bank as arranger on a number of UK auto-loan securitisations