Brian Maher is a partner in the Structured Finance & Derivatives practice. He advises on a wide range of finance matters including all forms of securitisations, CLOs, auto-loan, rental car, performing and non-performing loan portfolio acquisitions and financings, restructurings, refinancings, development loans, warehouse facilities, asset-based lending and secured loan transactions.
Brian is recognised as a Rising Star by IFLR1000 UK for Structured Finance and Securitisation and a leading individual for Securitisation by Legal 500 UK.
Representative experience includes advising:
- Apollo on various consumer, equipment lease, rental car and other ABS warehouses, financings and refinancings
- Apollo and Redding Ridge on their European CLOs
- Deutsche Bank on numerous loan portfolio financings across Europe, consumer ABS, CRE financings, SME and fintech financings
- Barclays on numerous mortgage backed, credit card, SME, whole business private and public ABS transactions
- Sixth Street Partners (formerly TPG Capital) on various ABS, SME and CRE related financings
- Funds and financing banks on over 40 NPL acquisitions and/or financings across Europe
- Bain Capital Credit on NPL portfolio financings
- KKR Credit on NPL portfolio acquisitions and structured financings
- Davidson Kempner on the acquisition and securitisation of a portfolio of non-conforming mortgage loans as well as other NPL portfolio acquisitions in the UK and Ireland
- Credit Suisse, JP Morgan, Lloyds Bank and another major financial institution on the UK Government’s first ever student loan securitisation
- The largest stakeholder in the Theatre 1 and Theatre 2 whole business securitisations relating to General Healthcare Group (value in excess of £1.5 billion), which Debtwire described as arguably the most complex European securitisation restructuring
- The dealers on Lloyds’ credit card and RMBS master trust securitisation programmes
- The arranger and dealers on Barclays’ credit card and RMBS master trust securitisation programmes