Jacky has been practising in the London finance market since the mid-eighties and has represented financial institutions, hedge funds and private equity houses on a variety of finance transactions including leveraged finance, asset backed lending, real estate lending, securitisation, derivatives and restructuring.
Jacky was one of a handful of lawyers involved in the development of the UK securitisation market and has represented both banks and corporate clients in connection with the securitisation of a number of asset types including ports revenues, residential mortgages, commercial real estate, trade receivables, credit cards, computer/equipment leases, auto loans, hire purchase receivables and music royalties as well as football ticket and stadium financing.
In addition, Jacky has advised financial institutions, private equity clients and hedge funds on acquisition finance, the restructuring of complex structured finance transactions, the acquisition and disposal of distressed portfolios of financial assets and the unwinding of vast and complex derivatives portfolios.
Jacky is recognised as a Market Leader for Structured Finance and Securitisation in IFLR1000 UK and a Leading Individual for Securitisation in Legal 500 UK. She is listed as a Leading Individual for Securitisation and Structured Finance & Derivatives in Chambers UK and Chambers Global with clients noting “[she is] very commercial, incredibly smart, and represents our interests with other counsel, bringing them round to our point of view in a non-confrontational way.” She is also recognised in Legal Media Group’s Expert Guides series, including “Women in Business Law”, “Best of the Best” and “Structured Finance and Securitisation”.
Representative experience includes:
- Blackstone / GSO Debt Funds Management Europe as collateral manager on all its European CLO 2.0 transactions, Grand Harbour 1, Herbert Park, Richmond Park CLO and Holland Park CLO
- The Carlyle Group investment manager CELF Advisors on its Carlyle Global Market Strategies Euro CLO 2013-2 and Carlyle Global Market Strategies Euro CLO 2014-1 transactions
- Shop Direct on the £1.35 billion Littlewoods catalogue receivables programme, the first publicly rated home shopping receivables securitisation
- The senior lender on the structured financing of an acquisition of a portfolio of non-performing Irish residential mortgage loans by a large private equity fund
- Barclays as the most significant stakeholder in the Theatre 1 and Theatre 2 whole business securitisations relating to General Healthcare Group (value in excess of £1.5 billion), including on enforcement strategies, negotiating extensions of the deal and advising on complex restructuring proposals relating not just to the securitisations, but to the entire capital structure. This also included advising on litigation concerning credit default swaps related to Barclays’ voting of its holdings in Theatre 1 and Theatre 2 in the restructuring negotiations
- A private fund on the structuring and financing of the successful Project River acquisition from AIB of a series of distressed loans with complex embedded derivatives secured over a portfolio of hotels and other properties
- Barclays as arranger and dealers' counsel on the establishment of Barclays’ Gracechurch credit card master trust securitisation programme and all issuances thereunder. Dealers advised in addition to Barclays include Citi, J.P. Morgan, and Lloyds Banking Group
- Lloyds as dealers’ counsel on the establishment of Lloyds Banking Group’s Penarth credit card master trust securitisation programme and all issuances thereunder. Dealers advised in addition to Lloyds include Barclays, Citi, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley and WestLB (now Portigon)