Jacky has been practising in the London finance market since the mid-eighties and has represented financial institutions, hedge funds and private equity houses on a variety of finance transactions including leveraged finance, asset backed lending, real estate lending, securitisation, derivatives and restructuring.
Jacky was one of a handful of lawyers involved in the development of the UK securitisation market and has represented both banks and corporate clients in connection with the securitisation of a number of asset types including ports revenues, residential mortgages, commercial real estate, trade receivables, credit cards, computer/equipment leases, auto loans, hire purchase receivables and music royalties as well as football ticket and stadium financing.
In addition, Jacky has advised financial institutions, private equity clients and hedge funds on acquisition finance, the restructuring of complex structured finance transactions, the acquisition and disposal of distressed portfolios of financial assets and the unwinding of vast and complex derivatives portfolios.
Jacky is recognised as a Market Leader for Structured Finance and Securitisation in IFLR1000 UK and a Leading Individual for Securitisation in Legal 500 UK. She is listed as a Leading Individual for Securitisation and Structured Finance & Derivatives in Chambers UK and Chambers Global with clients noting “[she is] very commercial, incredibly smart, and represents our interests with other counsel, bringing them round to our point of view in a non-confrontational way.” She is also recognised in Legal Media Group’s Expert Guides series, including “Women in Business Law”, “Best of the Best” and “Structured Finance and Securitisation”.
Representative experience includes:
- Various esoteric securitisations of novel asset classes, such as music royalties, football club revenues and diamond receivables, including Guggenheim Securities on Syco (Simon Cowell) Entertainment’s first-of-its-kind securitisation of intellectual property rights relating to the Got Talent Franchise
- A private fund on rare public NPL securitisations of Spanish residential mortgage claims, including the €626.8m European Residential Loan Securitisation (ERLS) 2021-NPL1
- M&G on investments in various private residential mortgage and real estate transactions
- Various trade receivables securitisations, including Lenovo on a US$5 billion financing of worldwide trade receivables provided by a consortium of banks and commercial paper conduits, Advent on a European trade receivables securitisation for one of their portfolio companies and a private fund as senior lender of a receivables financing of German and Austrian receivables of a home shopping business owned by a PE portfolio company
- Numerous CLO managers such as Blackstone, BlackRock, Carlyle, RBC BlueBay, Fair Oaks, Guggenheim Partners and Brigade Capital on European CLO 2.0 transactions, including setting up novel originator platforms for risk retention holdings
- Shop Direct on the £1.35 billion Littlewoods catalogue receivables programme, the first publicly rated home shopping receivables securitisation
- Deutsche Bank as senior lender on numerous structured financings of Non-Performing Loans portfolios in UK, Ireland, Portugal and Spain
- A private fund on a repo facility with a European bank to finance a portfolio of EU CLO investments, and a separate Master TRS Facility with another European bank to finance a portfolio of loans and bonds
- A major financial institution as the most significant stakeholder in the Theatre 1 and Theatre 2 whole business securitisations relating to General Healthcare Group (value in excess of £1.5 billion) on a complex restructuring
Awards and Recognition, Firm News & Announcements
Awards and Recognition
- Jacky Kelly Recognized as a Structured Finance and Securitization “Expert” Award Brief — Expert Guides’ 2014 “Women in Business Law”
- Jacky Kelly named a "Leading" Lawyer for Capital Markets: Securitisation: UK Award Brief — Chambers Global 2013
- Jacky Kelly named a "Leading" Lawyer for Capital Markets: Structured Finance & Derivatives: UK Award Brief — Chambers Global 2013
- Jacky Kelly named a "Leading" Lawyer for Capital Markets: Securitisation and Structured Finance & Derivatives in London Award Brief — Chambers UK 2013
- Jacky Kelly named "Leading" Lawyer for Capital Markets: Securitization in UK Award Brief — Chambers Global 2012
Firm News & Announcements
- Twenty-One Partners Named 2022 Top Women in Business Law by Expert Guides Firm Announcement — October 05, 2022
- Six Weil Partners Recognized in IFLR1000 Women Leaders in 2022 Firm Announcement — April 04, 2022