Prior to joining Weil, Jenny worked in the Legal Service and Mergers directorates of the UK Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), where she was involved on phase 1 and phase 2 merger investigations, as well as in the CMA’s Mergers Intelligence function, which tracks unnotified mergers.
Recent experience at Weil includes representing:
- Microsoft on its ~$70 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard, Inc., before the European Commission, winning conditional Phase 2 approval.
- Advent International and NielsenIQ before the European Commission on NielsenIQ’s combination with GfK, winning a rare conditional Phase 1 approval.
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of global events business, Hyve Group, alongside Searchlight Capital Partners.
Jenny’s previous experience at the CMA includes:
- Phase 1 investigation of the acquisition by Hitachi Rail Ltd of Thales SA’s Ground Transportation Systems Business.
- Phase 1 investigation of certain businesses owned by Grafton Group Plc by Patagonia Bidco Limited, the owner of the Huws Gray builders’ merchant business (fast-track remedies at phase 1)
- Phase 2 investigation of the anticipated acquisition by Cellnex UK of the passive infrastructure assets of CK Hutchison Networks Europe Investments SARL.
- Phase 2 investigation of the completed acquisition by CHC Group of Babcock’s oil and gas offshore helicopter services.