Aron also advises on all tax aspects of private equity and M&A transactions and on complex cross-border structuring, VAT, structured finance and banking, employment tax matters, management equity/incentives and individuals and corporates establishing a taxable UK presence.
Aron acts for wide range of leading asset managers, including Actis, Brookfield, Castleforge, Montagu, General Atlantic, Graphite, InfraRed, PAI, Whitehelm and Dalmore, major private-equity players such as Advent and OMERS, and private equity investor clients such as Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, OP Trust, CDPQ, Mubadala and GIC.
Aron represents Weil as an active member of various Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA) working groups and the Stamp Taxes Practitioners Group.
Prior to joining Weil, Aron worked in the Investment Management Tax team at one of the ‘Big 4’ accounting firms, focusing primarily on structuring, transactional and advisory work for investment manager clients. Prior to that, Aron was an associate in the Corporate Tax team of a leading international law firm.
Representative experience includes advising:
- Actis on the establishment of Actis Long Life Infrastructure Fund – a $2 billion target emerging markets focused infrastructure fund
- InfraRed Capital Partners on the establishment of InfraRed Infrastructure Fund V, a $1.2 billion target global infrastructure fund, and InfraRed Active Real Estate Fund IV, a £500 million target European value-add real estate fund
- A leading global investment manager on the establishment of a discretionary UK real estate fund investing in industrial properties – the first of its kind since the introduction of major UK land tax reform in April 2019
- Whitehelm Capital, on the establishment of an infrastructure debt platform
- Columbia Threadneedle Investments on the establishment of a new open ended infrastructure platform (€3 billion target) investing in the European core infrastructure mid-market
- A leading private equity house on the formation of its £300 million credit fund investing in performing, semi-performing and non-performing European credit assets such as consumer and commercial loans and other credit lines, and residential and commercial mortgage backed securities among others, in particular in the UK, Spain, Portugal, Romania and Italy
- Numerous other investment managers and institutional investors in relation to UK real estate investment both pre and post the April 2019 UK land tax reform, across a range of strategies including commercial property, social housing, and real estate development, as well as pan European real estate investment
- Sun Life Financial Inc. in relation to the merger of Sun Life-owned Bentall Kennedy and Tetragon's GreenOak, to create a $47bn global real estate platform
- A Canadian pension scheme in relation to a €300 million+ investment into a dedicated managed account co-investment alongside BlueBay’s €6 billion BlueBay Direct Lending Fund III
- The Government Investment Corporation of Singapore fund, in relation to various matters, including involvement in extensive negotiations with HMRC to access sovereign immunity from UK taxation for the fund in respect of real estate investments made in the UK
- A leading private equity house on the structuring and implementation of more than 25 transactions by its credit fund, including a €550 million investment in a portfolio of receivables comprising loans secured by salary advances granted to customers of an intermediary of an Italian banking group, and the restructuring of an investment in a £170 million portfolio of non-performing UK consumer loans to accommodate a co-investment by a major US pension plan investor*
- A major investment manager on the establishment of Dutch trading platforms for financial transactions such as options, warrants and forward purchases in relation to various commodities such as Siberian coal, Australian gold, Colombian gold and Ecuadorian oil drilling rigs, including the establishment of a $10 billion Fund Linked Note Programme in connection with the financing of the underlying transactions*
- A major investment bank on the creation and implementation of a £ multi-billion trade receivables financing platform spanning over 40 jurisdictions*
*Experience from previous firm