He has advised on numerous cross-border mergers, joint ventures and capital raisings across a range of industries and jurisdictions, particularly in natural resources and energy, where David is widely regarded as one of the leading names in the sector. David’s experience includes acting on numerous public takeovers /P2P transactions, distressed M&A and the corporate aspects of restructurings. He also provides strategic boardroom advice to corporate clients.
He is ranked as a ‘Leading Individual’ for ‘Upper mid-market and premium M&A deals’ and for ‘Mining and Minerals’ by Legal 500 2022, which recognised his “strong track record advising on cross-border mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and capital raisings for well-known clients”. David is praised by clients for his “attentiveness and versatility', routinely leading on many of the firm's most significant mandates”, and is described as “super talented and high-calibre” with “a formidable intellect” and “very good judgement”. He has also been cited as “a great problem solver who is calm under pressure” with a “wealth of experience” by Chambers UK. David was recently included in the Who’s Who Legal Guide to Mining 2022 as a leading individual.
He has previously completed a secondment to the M&A team of the investment banking division of Morgan Stanley.
David is a trustee of the Alex Roberts-Miller Foundation, a charity which provides educational, sporting and social opportunities for disadvantaged young people across the UK.
He speaks English and Italian.
Recent experience includes advising:
- MGM Resorts International on its takeover of LeoVegas
- Glencore on a number of matters including in 2022, on the sale of Cobar and the strategic partnership with Li-Cycle Holdings Corp.
- Petropavlovsk plc on its sale of IRC and related corporate governance advice
- Gores Guggenheim, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of The Gores Group and Guggenheim Capital, in its pending $20 billion business combination with Polestar Performance AB
- Willis Towers Watson plc on its proposed all-share merger with Aon plc
- InPost and the selling shareholders on the English and U.S. aspects of the offering and listing of InPost on the Euronext Amsterdam, the largest ever European technology IPO
- Cardtronics plc on its sale to NCR Corporation
- Highland Gold Mining plc on its take private by Fortiana Holdings
- Recently advised a number of sponsors on proposed P2P bids
- HM Government on its investment along with Bharti Global Limited to provide more than USD$1 billion to acquire OneWeb and fund the full restart of its business operations
- Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corporation II on its merger with Paysafe Group
- Algonquin on its PIPE investment in Atlantica Infrastructure
- Dugout on its merger with OneFootball
- Eli Lilly on its collaboration with Sitryx, and its research and collaboration agreement with MiNA
- Sanofi on its sale of the stake in Regeneron
- ARCM in connection with its equity placement and strategic investment in Premier Oil plc
- Financing banks to the acquirer on the acquisition of RSA Insurance Group plc
- Lone Star Funds on its takeover of McCarthy & Stone plc