Jack Gray is Corporate counsel in London. He advises on a broad range of corporate and commercial transactions, including domestic and international private mergers and acquisitions, public takeovers, joint ventures and equity capital markets transactions, as well as general corporate governance and advisory work.
Representative experience as part of a team, including prior to joining Weil, includes acting for:
- Ares and Goldman Sachs on their participation in CD&R’s £9.7 billion offer for Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc
- Atlas Mara on its strategic financing agreement with Fairfax Africa Holdings Corporation and the associated placing and open offer and on Atlas Mara’s transaction in Rwanda
- bd-capital on its acquisition of SportPursuit
- Berkshire Partners on numerous private equity transactions, including the merger of VetStrategy with IVC, the acquisition of the REPA Group and shares in MedOne
- Century Aluminum on its agreement with Noble Group to acquire Noble’s 55% ownership interest in Jamalco, a bauxite mining and alumina production joint venture in Jamaica
- Compagnie Financière Richemont S.A. on the all-share merger of The Net-A-Porter Group Limited and YOOX S.p.A to create the YOOX Net-A-Porter Group and on its acquisition of Watchfinder.co.uk
- CVC on its strategic partnership with Dale Underwriting Partners
- Dugout on its merger with OneFootball
- Eutelsat on its combination with OneWeb and its listing on the London Stock Exchange
- Financing banks to the acquirer on the UK public takeovers of each of RSA Insurance Group plc and Meggitt PLC
- General Atlantic on the investment in Dixa
- Generation Investment Management on its equity investment of up to $600 million in Octopus Energy Group
- IBM on the sale of its Algorithmics Assets to SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc.
- Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc. on the £4.3bn recommended cash acquisition of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc
- Petropavlovsk Plc on M&A and corporate governance matters and on a variety of contentious and regulatory matters, including internal and external investigations
- Roivant Sciences on its strategic alliance with Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma
- Sanofi on its up to $1.45 billion acquisition of Kymab, Ltd.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc on the £3.24bn sale of its UK and European insurance business to Phoenix Group Holdings
- Standard Life plc on the £11bn recommended all-share merger with Aberdeen Asset Management to create Standard Life Aberdeen plc
- Swiss Re Ltd on the sale of a minority stake in ReAssure to MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc.
- United Utilities Group plc on the formation of a new joint venture with Severn Trent plc
- Zurich Insurance plc on the transfer of its pre-2007 UK legacy employers’ liability portfolio to Catalina by way of an interim reinsurance arrangement and subsequent insurance business transfer