Angel Torres is an associate in Weil’s Banking & Finance practice and is based in Dallas. Angel participates in advising private equity sponsors, financial institutions, public and private companies and lenders in connection with financial transactions, including acquisition financings, syndicated financings, reserve-based financings, leveraged recapitalizations, workouts and restructurings. Angel also participates in advising Firm clients on debt compliance matters, finance, working capital arrangements and corporate governance matters.
Prior to joining Weil, Angel was a Corporate associate at another international law firm.
Angel is recognized for Banking and Finance Law by Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch* 2021-2022. He was selected to the 2019 Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinder Program.
Angel has played a significant role on teams advising:
- Advent International in its acquisition of a significant stake in Imperial Dade.
- Providence Equity Partners in $739 million senior secured facilities to finance its investment in Sweetwater Sound, Inc.
- American Securities and its portfolio companies in transactions involving RealManage, LLC and Meridian Adhesives Group
- CVC Capital Partners in its acquisition of Radwell International
- Blackstone and its portfolio companies in transactions involving Aqua Finance
- Assembly in a significant recapitalization led by Advent International and its acquisition of Pacvue Corporation
- ATI Physical Therapy (an Advent International portfolio company) on a $550 million credit facility comprised of a $500 million senior secured term loan and $50 million super-priority senior secured revolver to refinance its existing long-term debt
- ORG GC Midco, LLC (Midco), parent of GC Services LP, in Midco’s $6 million senior secured debtor-in-possession facility, to provide liquidity during its chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Dun & Bradstreet Holdings, Inc. in its $460 million incremental term loan facility and redemption of certain senior notes
Angel received his J.D., cum laude, from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, where he was the Associate Managing Editor of the SMU International Law Review, and his B.A., magna cum laude, from the University of Texas, Arlington.
* Best Lawyers (in America) is by Levine Leichtman Capital Partners
Awards and Recognition, Firm News & Announcements
Awards and Recognition
- Angel Torres Recognized for Banking and Finance Law Award Brief — Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2021-2022 (Best Lawyers (in America) is by Levine Leichtman Capital Partners)
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advised Blackstone in its $1B Sale of Aqua Finance, Inc. Deal Brief — July 29, 2022
- Weil Advised Advent International in its Acquisition of a Significant Stake in Imperial Dade Deal Brief — June 16, 2022