October 02, 2023
Weil’s intellectual property practices continue to receive notable recognition in Managing Intellectual Property’s IP Stars. The 2023 edition highlighted the market-leading expertise of 11 Weil attorneys along with the Firm’s comprehensive capabilities in intellectual property law.
Weil was awarded top rankings in the following categories:
- National: Copyright & related rights
- National: IP transactions
- California: Patent disputes
- New York: Copyright & related rights
- New York: Patent disputes
The Firm’s work in life sciences, PTAB litigation and trademark disputes was also recognized.
In addition, 11 Weil partners were honored as IP Stars:
- Karen Ballack: Transactions Star (California)
- Anne Cappella: Patent Star (California)
- Michael Epstein: Notable Practitioner (New York)
- Benjamin Marks: Copyright Star (National)
- Jeffrey Osterman: Trademark Star (New York), Transactions Star (New York)
- Christopher Pepe: Rising Star (National)
- Edward Reines: Patent Star (California)
- Charan Sandhu: Trademark Star (New York), Transactions Star (New York), Top 250 Women in IP
- Randi Singer: Copyright Star (New York), Trademark Star (New York)
- Derek Walter: Notable Practitioner (California)
- Elizabeth S. Weiswasser: Patent Star (New York)
Managing Intellectual Property's IP Stars rankings are based on extensive research carried out over a six-month period. They are published on a rolling basis between March and September each year.