He has advised a wide range of public and private companies on all aspects of employee and management incentives and executive remuneration (including on the related tax, company, regulatory, trust, securities, governance and employment laws). Kevin has acted for UK, US and Asia based clients on high value and complex cross border M&A transactions, public offerings and restructurings in the financial services, leisure, retail, technology, manufacturing and pharmaceutical sectors.
As well as transactions, Kevin has advised public and private companies on the design, implementation, operation and unwinding of employee and management incentive schemes, and both settlor companies and trustees in relation to employee benefit trusts.
Kevin was recognised as a Rising Star/Next Generational Lawyer for Employee Share Schemes by The Legal 500 for 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
Representative experience includes advising*
- Ad hoc group of noteholders in relation to the consensual recapitalization and financial restructuring of Frigoglass S.A.I.C. and the group of companies formerly controlled by the Frigoglass group
- Advent International with IRCA on the carve out acquisition of Kerry Group’s sweet ingredients division
- Angstrom Sports (United Kingdom), a provider of sports data services on its acquisition by Entain
- Brookfield Asset Management on the acquisition of DWS’ Private Equity Secondaries business
- Churchill Capital VII, a special purpose acquisition company, in its definitive agreement for a business combination with CorpAcq Holdings
- CIIG Capital Partners II, Inc on a $573m de-SPAC merger with Zapp Electric Vehicles
- Providence on the recommended cash offer for London-listed Hyve Group Plc
- OMERS acquisition of Bionic from ECI Partners
- PSG on its sale of Nomentia Oy (Finland), a provider of software as a service (SaaS) solutions for finance and treasury cash management, to Inflexion Private Equity Partners.
- CVC Capital Partners in its acquisition of Radwell International
- Sun European Partners on the take private of K3 Capital Group plc
- TPG on its $2.7bn acquisition of Angelo, Gordon & Co., L.P., a privately-held alternative investment firm managing approximately $73 billion with focus on credit and real estate strategies.
- Eutelsat on its proposed $3.4b business combination with OneWeb
- EO Charging on its proposed merger with First Reserve Sustainable Growth Corp., a SPAC sponsored by First Reserve Corporation
- Howden Group Holdings on its acquisition of the Aston Lark Group
- Advent International on the acquisition, together with Viking Global, of Global Processing Services
- Generation Investment Management on its equity investment of up to $600 million in Octopus Energy Group
- Sumeru Equity Partners on its investment in iProov Limited
- Sumeru Equity Partners in its $300 million acquisition of beqom SA
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice on the acquisition of OCS, as part of its simultaneous acquisition of Atalian
- Permira on its acquisition of a majority stake in Reorg Research Inc.
- Macquarie Asset Management on the acquisition of motorway service station business, Roadchef
- Bridgepoint Development Capital on its investments in Azzurri, HKA, Miller Homes, Reassured and Prescient Healthcare Group
- S4 Capital Plc on its acquisition of Firewood Marketing, Circus Marketing, Decoded Advertising and Metric Theory
- Inmarsat on its global employee and management equity incentive arrangements following its £2.6bn acquisition by a consortium of funds including Apax, Warburg Pincus and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board
- TA Associates and The Access Group on the investment in The Access Group by TA Associates and Hg that valued the Access business at approximately £1bn
- Boston Scientific Corporation on its £3.3bn acquisition of BTG Plc
- Vantiv Inc. (now WorldPay) on its £8bn acquisition of WorldPay Group Plc
- WorldPay on its $43bn merger with FIS
- Rockwell Collins on its $32bn merger with UTC
- CME Group Inc. on its £3.9bn acquisition of NEX Group Plc
- Travelport on its $4.4bn acquisition by Evergreen Coast Capital (an affiliate of Elliott Management) and Siris Capital
- Bridgepoint and Pret A Manger on the acquisition of Pret A Manger by JAB Holdings for an undisclosed sum
- Micro Focus International Plc on its $8.8bn acquisition of the software business of HP and the $2.3bn disposal of its SUSE business to EQT Partners
*includes experience from previous firms