Mr. Bitter has been part of the teams advising:
- AK Steel Corporation in its approximately $3 billion sale to Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc.
- Apergy Corporation (n/k/a ChampionX Corporation) in a Reverse Morris Trust acquisition of ChampionX (f/k/a Nalco Champion) from Ecolab Inc. creating an entity with a combined $7.4 billion enterprise value
- Basic Energy Services, Inc. in its acquisition of C&J Well Services, in a transaction funded in large part by senior secured notes contributed by Ascribe Capital in exchange for a majority stake in Basic Energy
- BroadStreet Partners, Inc. (a portfolio company of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan) in recapitalization transactions involving a new equity investment by affiliates of Century Equity Partners and a $100 million second lien debt and equity investment by affiliates of Penfund Partners
- Legg Mason, Inc. in its $6.5 billion sale to Franklin Templeton Investments
- Main Event Entertainment, Inc., a subsidiary of Ardent Leisure Group Limited, in Ardent's sale of a 24.2% stake in Main Event to RedBird Capital Partners together with an option for Redbird to acquire a controlling stake within a defined period
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its acquisition of Pixel Labs, LLC (n/k/a Assembly)
Mr. Bitter received his LL.M., with distinction, from Georgetown University Law Center, his J.D., magna cum laude, from George Mason University School of Law, where he was managing editor of the George Mason Civil Rights Law Journal and his B.A., magna cum laude, from Brigham Young University.