Michelle Gemmell is an associate in Weil’s Securities Litigation practice group, where she focuses on litigating securities class actions, shareholder derivative litigation, and M&A litigation in state and federal courts, as well as SEC investigations.
Some of Michelle’s recent notable experience includes serving on Weil teams representing:
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. in derivative litigation in Delaware Chancery Court.
- Brookfield Asset Management in shareholder litigation relating to its acquisition of GGP, Inc. in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Churchill Capital Corp. III, a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, and certain directors in ongoing fiduciary duty litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery relating to CCIII’s $11 billion merger with MultiPlan, Inc.
- Morgan Stanley in connection with Twitter’s expedited lawsuit in the Delaware Court of Chancery seeking to force the closing of Elon Musk’s acquisition of Twitter.
- Sleep Number Corporation, its officers and directors, in a securities class action and shareholder derivative litigation.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance in a federal securities class action relating to statements the company made about a proposed merger with Rite Aid.
Michelle received her J.D. from Cornell Law School. She received her B.A. in Government and History from Harvard University.