- Representing a pharmacy chain defendant in the first bellwether jury trial against pharmacies in In re Opiate Litigation, in which two Ohio counties sought $3 billion in damages from the pharmacies. At the close of the plaintiffs’ case, the pharmacy chain successfully settled for a confidential amount.
- Representing a pioneering video game developer in a breach of contract and theft of trade secrets case, through which the developer sought more than $40 million in damages and in which he faced hundreds of millions of counterclaim damages. The case settled for a confidential amount.
- Representing a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer in the multi-district litigation In re: National Prescription Opiate Litigation, and in a lawsuit brought by the State of Oklahoma.
- Representing a Fortune 100 technology company in a multi-billion dollar theft of trade secrets lawsuit.
- Representing a national financial services company in an Internet defamation case, obtaining a record-setting $12.5 million verdict.
- Representing a national private lender in a breach of contract case, obtaining a judgment of more than $7 million.
- Representing a Fortune 100 company in a fraudulent transfer case, obtaining a jury award of more than $3.3 million.
- Representing a leading international technology company in a breach of contract case, obtaining a favorable settlement following arbitration.
- Representing a national real estate company in a breach of contract case, obtaining the client’s full measure of damages and attorneys’ fees in trial.
- Representing numerous companies, including leading technology companies, in breach of non-solicitation and non-compete cases, obtaining restraining orders and injunctions, as well as favorable settlements for clients.
Liz is regularly recognized for her work by leading national business and legal publications. She was named to Benchmark Litigation’s “Under 40 Hot List” from 2017 – 2022, and heralded as a Texas “Super Lawyer – Rising Star”** in business litigation from 2014 – 2017. In both 2018 and 2019, Liz was recognized as one of the top female attorneys in Texas by the National Diversity Counsel.
Liz is actively involved in a number of legal and community organizations. She is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel, an invitation-only, peer-reviewed organization whose members are distinguished law firm partners, in-house counsel, and insurance executives. Liz is also a Barrister in the Barbara M.G. Lynn Inn of Court and was an inaugural member of the Dallas Bar Association’s WE LEAD program. She also serves on the Women of Tocqueville’s Steering Committee for the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas.
Prior to joining Weil, Liz was a partner at a boutique commercial litigation firm based in Dallas.
Liz received her J.D. from William and Mary School of Law, where she was admitted to the Order of the Barristers. She received her B.A., summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from Syracuse University. After law school, she clerked for the Honorable Eugene E. Siler, Jr. of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
*includes matters handled prior to joining Weil.
** Super Lawyers recognition is a Thomson Reuters service