- Represented Meta as trial counsel in a high-stakes antitrust action in which the FTC sought to enjoin Meta’s planned acquisition of a virtual reality application developer.
- Represented Giant Eagle in the first bellwether jury trial against pharmacies in In re Opiate Litigation, in which two Ohio counties sought $3 billion in damages from the pharmacies. At the close of the plaintiffs’ case, Giant Eagle successfully settled for a confidential amount.
- Represented a leading broadband communications company as trial counsel in a False Claims Act case, which settled favorably on the eve of trial.
- Represented John Carmack, a pioneering video game developer, in a breach of contract and theft of trade secrets case, through which Mr. Carmack sought more than $40 million in damages and in which he faced hundreds of millions of counterclaim damages. The case settled for a confidential amount.
- Represented Purdue Pharma L.P. in the multi-district litigation In re: National Prescription Opiate Litigation and in a lawsuit brought by the State of Oklahoma.
- Represented Facebook and Oculus VR in a multi-billion dollar theft of trade secrets and copyright lawsuit.
- Represented ORIX USA in an internet defamation case and obtained a record-setting $12.5 million verdict.
- Represented a national private lender in a breach of contract case and obtained a judgment of more than $7 million.
- Represented GE Capital in a fraudulent transfer case and obtained a jury award of more than $3.3 million.
- Represented a leading international technology company in a breach of contract case and obtained a favorable settlement following arbitration.
- Represented a national real estate company in a breach of contract case and obtained the client’s full measure of damages and attorneys’ fees in trial.
- Represented numerous companies, including leading technology companies, in breach of non-solicitation and non-compete cases and obtained restraining orders and injunctions, as well as favorable settlements for clients.
Leading national business and legal publications regularly recognize Liz’s work. In 2023, The Best Lawyers in America named Liz a “Best Lawyer” for Commercial Litigation.** In 2023, Chambers USA ranked Liz among the top lawyers for General Commercial Litigation in Texas, with clients calling her “outstanding,” “very smart and extraordinarily professional,” “a very bright attorney,” and an “excellent practitioner.” In 2022, Texas Lawyer named her among the 27 Texas attorneys “On the Rise,” which honors the top attorneys under 40. Benchmark Litigation has included Liz on its “40 & Under List” from 2017 to 2023, and Texas “Super Lawyer” magazine heralded Liz as a Rising Star” in business litigation from 2014 to 2017.*** In both 2018 and 2019, the National Diversity Council recognized Liz as one of the top female attorneys in Texas.
Liz is actively involved in a number of legal and community organizations. She currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Perot Museum of Nature and Science. She is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel, an invitation-only, peer-reviewed organization whose members are distinguished law firm partners, in-house counsel, and insurance executives. Liz is also a Barrister in the Barbara M.G. Lynn Inn of Court and was an inaugural member of the Dallas Bar Association’s WE LEAD program. She also serves on the Women of Tocqueville’s Steering Committee for the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas.
Prior to joining Weil, Liz was a partner at a boutique commercial litigation firm based in Dallas.
Liz received her J.D. from William and Mary School of Law, where she was admitted to the Order of the Barristers. She received her B.A., summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from Syracuse University. After law school, she clerked for the Honorable Eugene E. Siler, Jr. of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
*includes matters handled prior to joining Weil.
**Best Lawyers (in America) is by Levine Leichtman Capital Partners.
***Super Lawyers recognition is a Thomson Reuters service.