Travis Michaud is an associate in Weil’s Corporate Department and is based in Silicon Valley. Travis participates in the representation of public and private companies and private equity firms in transactional matters, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, equity investments and divestitures.
Travis has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent Global Technology (AGT), as lead investor, in a $160 million Series D funding round for Zenoti, resulting in a post-investment basis valuation for Zenoti of over $1 billion and a Series B funding round for Cyware Labs, Inc.
- Advent International, as lead investor, in a $260 million Series C funding round for Thras.io, Inc. (n/k/a Thrasio, LLC), resulting in a pre-investment basis valuation of $1 billion
- Aleph Capital and Crestview Partners in their investment in Framestore and in Framestore’s acquisition of Company 3 / Method following Company 3 / Method’s carve-out from Deluxe Entertainment Services Group
- Genstar Capital in, together with TA Associates, the acquisition of Orion Advisor Solutions, following the merger of Orion and Brinker Capital
- Gores Holdings III, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its $1.55 billion business combination with Pacific Architects and Engineers, Inc. (PAE) (a portfolio company of Platinum Equity)
- Gores Holdings VI, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $2.9 billion business combination with Matterport, Inc.
- Gores Metropoulos, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of The Gores Group and Metropoulos & Co., in its $3.4 billion merger with Luminar Technologies, Inc.
- Gores Metropoulos II, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by Gores Metropoulos Sponsor II LLC (an affiliate of The Gores Group and Dean Metropoulos), in its $2.2 billion business combination with Sonder Holdings
- PSP Investments as a participant in a $390 million Series D funding round for Grail, Inc. and as a minority investor in a $340 million funding round for Netskope, Inc.
- Sumeru Equity Partners in its acquisition of SocialChorus, Inc.
Travis received his J.D. from Duke University School of Law and his B.S. (Finance), magna cum laude, from Florida State University, where he was an NCAA athlete on FSU’s Men’s Track and Field team.