Marc Lordonnois is a partner based in the Paris office. Marc specializes in public law, with an emphasis on infrastructure, energy and regulated sectors. He has a very broad knowledge of the issues related to acquisitions, disposals and projects in the infrastructure sector. His expertise covers public contracts (concessions, PPPs and procurement contracts) and regulatory advice in the transport (rail, road), energy and telecommunications sectors. Marc also advises clients on privatizations and transactions involving State-owned companies. He also regularly represents clients before the French administrative courts.
Marc is ranked by Chambers and Legal 500 as a leading lawyer in Public Law. Clients note that he is “one of the best lawyers for concession contracts and knows this business perfectly” (Legal 500, 2019) and “quite good at summarising complex legal arguments to non-lawyers” (Chambers Europe, 2022).
Marc has notably advised:
- The consortium formed by Meridiam, Global Infrastructure Partners and the CDC Group (Caisse des dépôts et consignations and CNP Assurances) on multijurisdictional FDI filings relating to the acquisition of New Suez;
- Orange on the creation and carve-out of Orange Concessions and the €1.3 billion sale of a 50% stake in Orange Concessions to Caisse des dépôts et consignations, CNP Assurances and EDF Invest;
- Bpifrance Financement on the granting of a €690 million aid to ACC, a joint venture formed by French energy major Total (Saft) and automakers Peugeot and Opel (PSA) to develop and produce new-generation batteries for electric vehicles, in the context of the IPCEI on Batteries;
- Caisse des dépôts et consignations, Compagnie des Alpes, SA du Parc du Futuroscope and SEMPAT on the €300 million renovation and extension of the Futuroscope theme park;
- the French State (Agence des Participations de l’Etat) on the privatization and €2bn IPO of Française des Jeux (FDJ), the company that runs the French national lottery;
- Cobham (a portfolio company of Advent International) on its $965 million sale of Cobham Aerospace Connectivity to TransDigm Group Incorporated;
- APG on the acquisition of CPPIB’s 39% stake in Interparking;
- SNCF Réseau, Aéroports de Paris and Caisse des dépôts et consignations on the €2.1bn concession of the CDG Express railway infrastructure, a 32 km rail link between Paris and the Charles de Gaulle Airport;
- Caisse des dépôts et consignations on the acquisition of a minority stake in Aéroports de la Côte d’Azur from Métropole Nice Côte d’Azur;
- ARDIAN on the disposal of its stake in Indigo to Mirova and MEAG;
- Orange in relation to the acquisition of mobile operators Airtel Burkina Faso and Airtel Sierra Leone; and
- Orange on the regulatory aspects of the acquisition of the assets of mobile operator Tigo in the Democratic Republic of Congo;
- Total in relation to the sale of TIGF; and
- the governmental taskforce for PPPs (MAPPP) in relation to the state guarantee for the financing of the Tours-Bordeaux (SEA) high speed rail link.
Marc is a member of the Paris bar since 1999. He is a 1997 graduate of the University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas (DEA in public law) and a 1995 graduate of the University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne (Masters in history). His native language is French and he is fluent in English.
Latest Thinking, Firm News & Announcements
US/UK/EU financial sanctions in response to the situation in Ukraine
Blog Post — European Disputes Blog
Timothy C. Welch,
Rosalind Meehan and
— March 04, 2022
INTRODUCTION This note provides an overview of the financial sanctions introduced by the United States government, the UK government and the European Union in response to the invasion of Ukraine by Russia as of 3 March 2022. Given that this is an evolving situation, the sanctions landscape remains fluid and will continue to change considerably ...
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises CD&R on its Acquisitions of Atalian and OCS Deal Brief — August 02, 2022
- Weil Advises Eutelsat on its Combination with OneWeb to Create a Leading Global Satellite Services Provider Deal Brief — July 27, 2022