Kevin Thomas participates in a variety of transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions and equity investments for public and private companies as well as private equity and venture capital firms.
Mr. Thomas has participated in the representation of:
- Softbank Vision Fund in:
- Its approximately $175 million investment in Pollen, Inc. (d/b/a C2FO)
- Its investment in GM Cruise Holdings LLC
- Its Series E minority investment in GetYourGuide AG
- Its $500 million investment in Cambridge Mobile Telematics
- Genstar Capital in its sale of Boyd Corporation to affiliates of Goldman Sachs
- Boyd Corporation (at the time a portfolio company of Genstar Capital) in its acquisitions of Action Fabricators, Inc. and Aavid Thermalloy.
- Infinite Electronics, Inc. (a portfolio company of Genstar Capital) in its acquisition of Smiths Interconnect’s Microwave Telecoms business (SMT) from Smiths Group plc.
- Dell in various strategic venture investments
- Providence Strategic Growth in its sale of a majority stake in LogicMonitor Inc.
- Dynamo Software (a portfolio company of Francisco Partners) in its acquisition of Q-Biz Solutions, LLC
- AMP Capital Investors in its acquisition of ITS Technologies & Logistics, LLC (d/b/a ITS ConGlobal)
- Core-Mark Holding Company, Inc. in its acquisition of Farner-Bocken Company.
- Ant Financial Services Group in its acquisition of EyeVerify Inc.
- Oracle Corporation in its acquisition of Textura Corporation.
- Synopsys, Inc. in its acquisitions of Protecode Incorporated and Elliptic Technologies, Inc.
- Adobe Systems Incorporated in its acquisitions of Mixamo, Inc. and of certain assets comprising the Digital Analytix business of comScore, Inc.
- Vonage in its acquisitions of iCore Networks, Inc. and Simple Signal Inc.
Mr. Thomas also currently serves on a pro bono basis as legal counsel for the Core-Mark Families Foundation and works with new entrepreneurs in underserved areas through the Start Small Think Big initiative. He has also provided pro bono legal assistance to individuals seeking visas and permanent resident status in connection with the International Refugee Assistance Program.