Kane Wishart is an associate in Weil’s Technology & IP Transactions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Wishart participates in advising Firm clients in a variety of matters relating to the licensing, acquisition, development, sale, use and commercial exploitation of intellectual property and technology.
Mr. Wishart has been part of the teams advising on the technology and intellectual property aspects of the following matters:
- AK Steel Corporation in its approximately $3 billion sale to Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc.
- Campbell Soup Company in its $2.2 billion sale of Campbell International, Inc.
- ChargePoint, Inc. in its combination with Switchback Energy Acquisition Corporation, a SPAC sponsored by NGP Switchback, LLC, in a transaction that implies a ChargePoint enterprise value of $2.4 billion
- Eli Lilly and Company in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Dermira, Inc.; in its $1 billion acquisition of Prevail Therapeutics Inc.; and in a global licensing and research collaboration with Sitryx Therapeutics Limited
- Gores Holdings IV, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its $16.1 billion business combination with United Wholesale Mortgage, LLC (UWM)
- Magellan Health, Inc. in its $2.2 billion merger with Centene Corporation
- Sanofi in its $350 million sale of its Seprafilm Adhesion Barrier and related assets to Baxter International Inc. and in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Synthorx, Inc.
Mr. Wishart received his LL.B. from Australian National University and his B.S., with Honors, from Monash University.