Kane has been part of the teams advising on the technology and intellectual property aspects of the following matters:
- AK Steel Corporation in its approximately $3 billion sale to Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc.
- Ardian in its acquisition of a majority stake in Florida Food Products, Inc., in a transaction that valued Florida Food at more than $1 billion
- Campbell Soup Company in its $2.2 billion sale of Campbell International, Inc.
- ChargePoint, Inc. in its combination with Switchback Energy Acquisition Corporation, a SPAC sponsored by NGP Switchback, LLC, in a transaction that implied a ChargePoint enterprise value of $2.4 billion
- Eli Lilly and Company in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Dermira, Inc.; its $1 billion acquisition of Prevail Therapeutics Inc.; and global licensing and research collaborations with, and equity investments in, Merus NV and Sitryx Therapeutics Limited
- Gores Holdings IV, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its $16.1 billion business combination with United Wholesale Mortgage, LLC (UWM)
- Magellan Health, Inc. in its $2.2 billion merger with Centene Corporation
- Sanofi in its $350 million sale of its Seprafilm Adhesion Barrier and related assets to Baxter International Inc. and its $2.5 billion acquisition of Synthorx, Inc.
Kane received his LL.B. from Australian National University and his B.S., with Honors, from Monash University.