Geneva Torsilieri Hardesty is an associate in Weil’s Antitrust/Competition group. Her practice focuses on regulatory approval for mergers and acquisitions, government investigations, and antitrust counseling with experience across a across a wide range of industries, including technology, pharmaceuticals, and finance.
Geneva received her J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law, where she served as the Managing Editor of the Virginia Journal of Social Policy & the Law. During her time in law school, she worked with the Charlottesville Legal Aid Center in the JustChildren program providing legal representation to children with unmet needs in the education, foster care, and juvenile justice systems. She focuses her pro bono efforts on immigration and education matters. Geneva earned her Master of Education from The College of New Jersey, where she also earned her B.S. summa cum laude in Elementary Education and English.
Geneva’s recent experience includes serving on Weil teams representing:
- Meta Platforms (f/k/a Facebook) in its acquisition of Within, the immersive media startup behind the VR fitness service Supernatural.
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc., a semiconductor manufacturer, in its $27.5 billion sale to Analog Devices, Inc.
- Allergan plc in its $63 billion sale to AbbVie Inc.,
- CoStar Group in the antitrust aspects of its acquisition of Ten-X’s commercial real estate transaction platform.
- Kantar Group (a portfolio company of Bain Capital Private Equity) in its acquisition of Numerator.
Firm News & Announcements, Latest Thinking
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Represents Meta in High-Stakes Trial Victory Over FTC Litigation Win — February 06, 2023
- Weil Honored by GCR for Merger Control Matter of the Year in 2021 Firm Announcement — May 24, 2021
- What the FTC’s Loss in the Meta/Within Transaction Means for the Future of Potential Competition Cases Alert — Antitrust/Competition — By Geneva Torsilieri Hardesty, Rachel Williams and Michael Moiseyev — PDF — March 20, 2023