Ms. Pooler’s recent experience includes:
- Serving as the lead associate on a number of high-profile matters for Kinder Morgan, Inc., including:
- winning a reversal by the Delaware Supreme Court of a $171 million trial verdict issued by the Delaware Court of Chancery against El Paso Pipeline GP Company, L.L.C., a Kinder Morgan subsidiary, in a derivative lawsuit brought by a limited partner; and
- defeating multiple investor actions in the Delaware Court of Chancery and on appeal before the Delaware Supreme Court that challenged Kinder Morgan’s consolidation of three publicly traded subsidiaries, including two master limited partnerships, into Kinder Morgan Inc.
- Representing General Electric Co., GE Capital, and its former directors in a fiduciary duty class action brought in the Delaware Court of Chancery by a former GE Capital preferred stockholder, challenging GE’s merger with GE Capital.
- Serving as the lead associate on the Weil team representing Willis Towers Watson plc and certain former directors of Towers Watson & Co. and Willis Group Holdings plc in fiduciary duty and securities litigations pending in Delaware and Virginia federal court related to Willis’s acquisition of Towers Watson.
- Successfully representing the former directors of CEC Entertainment, Inc., the owner of “Chuck E. Cheese” restaurants, in shareholder litigation in Kansas State Court challenging the sale of CEC to Apollo Global Management, LLC.
- Serving as the lead associate representing the former directors of RadioShack Corporation in connection with fiduciary-duty claims brought in connection with RadioShack’s bankruptcy.
- Successfully representing JAB Holdings in securing the dismissal of a securities fraud class action in Vermont federal court arising out of JAB’s $14 billion acquisition of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
- Representing Genworth Financial, Inc. and its current and former directors in various shareholder derivative and securities lawsuits pending in the Delaware Court of Chancery and the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Representing a public pharmaceutical company in “busted deal” litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery, resulting in successful closing of asset purchase transaction.
Ms. Pooler has served as a Lecturing Fellow at Duke University School of Law, where she taught an annual seminar on M&A Litigation in Practice with Vice Chancellor Sam Glasscock III of the Delaware Court of Chancery.
Ms. Pooler also has an active pro bono practice, which of late has included representing victims of domestic violence in immigration cases, counseling entrepreneurs on entity-formation issues, and representing the Public Art Fund in contract negotiations with artists and real estate companies. She also serves as a “Big Sister” to a high school student through the Big Brothers Big Sisters Workplace Mentoring Program.
Ms. Pooler obtained her B.A., magna cum laude, in English from Hamilton College, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. She received her J.D., cum laude, from Duke University School of Law, where she served on the Editorial Board of the Duke Law Journal.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Pooler served as a law clerk to the Honorable Sam Glasscock III of the Delaware Court of Chancery.