Prior to joining Weil, Alfonso was a senior manager at KPMG’s Washington National Tax International M&A Group.
Alfonso has been part of the teams advising:
- Allego Holding B.V. (n/k/a Allego N.V.) (a portfolio company of Meridiam Infrastructure Partners) in its $3.14 billion business combination with Spartan Acquisition Corp. III, a SPAC sponsored by Spartan Acquisition Sponsor III LLC (an affiliate of Apollo Global Management)
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of VetStrategy
- Campbell Soup Company in its $2.2 billion sale of Campbell International, Inc. and its $300 million sale of Kelsen Group A.S
- Churchill Capital Corp III, a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, in its $5.7 billion merger with MultiPlan, Inc. that has an enterprise value based on the transaction of approximately $11 billion
- Churchill Capital Corp IV, a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, in its $11.75 billion merger with Lucid Motors
- Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of Trasimene Capital Management, LLC and led by William P. Foley II, in a $9 billion business combination with Paysafe Limited
- Froneri International Limited (a joint venture between Nestlé and PAI Partners) in its $4 billion acquisition of Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Holdings, Inc.
- Goldman Sachs in its pending acquisition of NextCapital Group, Inc.
- GS Acquisition Holdings Corp II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of Goldman Sachs, in its $2.6 billion business combination with Mirion Technologies, Inc. (at the time, a portfolio company of Charterhouse Capital Partners)
- Hologic, Inc. in its $159 million acquisition of Diagenode, Inc.
- Pigments Spain, S.L. (a company of the Esmalglass-Itaca-Fritta group, a portfolio company of Lone Star Funds) in its up to $492 million acquisition of the Tile Coatings Business of Ferro Corporation
- SiriusXM in its acquisitions of Simplecast and Stitcher
- THI Investments in its acquisition of the university partnerships, English language schools and digital divisions of Oxford International Education Group (a portfolio company of Bowmark Capital)
- Wejo Limited in its $1.1 billion business combination with Virtuoso Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Virtuoso Sponsor LLC
- Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC (a portfolio company of Brookfield Business Partners) in its acquisition of the North American Civil Nuclear Systems and Services Business from Rolls-Royce Holdings plc
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in its proposed $80 billion combination with Aon PLC
Alfonso is the President of the U.S. Branch of the International Fiscal Association’s (IFA) Young IFA Network (YIN) and a member of the Líderes Board of LatinoJustice PRLDEF.