He regularly advises clients including OMERS Private Equity, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, Providence Equity Partners, Advent International, CCMP Capital Advisors, Blackstone, Cinven, CVC Capital Partners, HgCapital on their transactions.
Simon is recognised as a leading lawyer for Private Equity by Chambers UK 2018, which highlights his ability "to read a situation" and that he is "very experienced in negotiations”. He is also recommended for Private Equity in Legal 500 UK 2017 and ranked as Highly Regarded for Private Equity in IFLR 1000 UK 2018. Simon was included Financial News’ inaugural “40 Under 40 – The Rising Stars of Legal Services” list for lawyers across the UK and Europe.
Representative experience includes:
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board on: its investment in the OGF group in France alongside Pamplona Capital; portfolio company Busy Bees on its acquisitions of Treetops Nurseries and BrightPath Early Learning; sell down of an interest in Busy Bees to Temasek; its acquisition of a significant minority interest in the Lowell Group; and on the sale of Acorn Care and Education
- OMERS on: its acquisition and sale of Civica; acquisition of V.Ships; and acquisition of a stake in Brit plc
- Providence Equity Partners on its strategic investment in Sziget Cultural Management, one of the largest festival organisers in the CEE region, and on its acquisition of The Ambassador Entertainment Group
- TCV on its acquisition of Retail Merchant Services
- Innospec on its acquisition of Huntsman Corporation’s European Differentiated Surfactants business
- Advent International as selling shareholders on the IPO of Worldpay Group, and on its investment in Quality Care India Limited
- RPC Group plc on its acquisition of Ace Corporation Holdings
- Access Industries on the takeover of Perform Group plc
- Access Industries, Alfa and Renova on the sale of their stake in Russian oil joint venture, TNK-BP