He regularly advises clients including OMERS Private Equity, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, TCV, Providence Equity Partners, A&M Capital Europe, Access Industries, bcIMC, Moelis Australia and their portfolio companies on their transactions.
Simon is recognised as a leading lawyer for Private Equity by Chambers UK 2020, where clients describe him as "extremely pragmatic and practical," and takes “a good commercial approach to everything.” He is also recommended for Private Equity in Legal 500 UK 2020 where he is noted as a “ charming and cerebral lawyer with an unmatched dedication to his clients”, and is ranked as Highly Regarded for Private Equity in IFLR 1000 UK 2020. Simon was previously included Financial News’ inaugural “40 Under 40 – The Rising Stars of Legal Services” list for lawyers across the UK and Europe.
Representative experience includes:
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board: as part of a consortium, on the £4.1 billion takeover of Inmarsat plc in one of the largest UK take-privates of 2019; its staged acquisition of the OGF group in France from Pamplona Capital; portfolio company Busy Bees on its acquisitions of Treetops Nurseries and BrightPath Early Learning; sell down of an interest in Busy Bees to Temasek; its acquisition of a significant minority interest in the Lowell Group; and on the acquisition and sale of Acorn Care and Education
- TCV as lead investor on: the latest funding round for Revolut, making it one of Europe’s most valuable fintech groups; its Series D investment in WorldRemit; and its acquisition of Retail Merchant Services
- OMERS on: its acquisitions of Alexander Mann Solutions; acquisition and sale of Civica; acquisition of V.Ships; and acquisition of a stake in Brit plc
- Providence Equity Partners on: its acquisitions of CloserStill Media and TES Global Group; its strategic investment in Sziget Cultural Management, one of the largest festival organisers in the CEE region; and on its acquisition of The Ambassador Entertainment Group
- Bollé Brands, Inc. (a portfolio company of A&M Capital Advisors Europe) on its take-private of SPY Inc.
- Real Capital Analytics on its acquisition of Datscha
- Berkshire Partners on their acquisition of Terraco
- bcIMC on its investment in Waterlogic