Sandy Lin is a counsel in the Corporate Department of the Firm’s Hong Kong office. Sandy has spent significant time during her career in China, focusing on China-related complex cross-border transactions, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, cross-border joint ventures, emerging companies, venture capital financing, energy project development and foreign direct investments into China. She regularly represents international and regional private equity sponsors, state-owned companies, sovereign wealth funds, private companies and other investors in various industries, including energy, infrastructure, TMT, biotechnology, healthcare, pharmaceutical, medical devices, automobile, manufacturing and chemicals.
Sandy is a native Mandarin and English speaker and is qualified as an attorney in Washington D.C.
Sandy’s recent representations include*:
- TPG Capital Asia, TPG Growth and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in the acquisition of up to 35% of Dream Cruises Holding Limited, a premium brand, Asian-sourced passenger cruise line with an enterprise value based on the transaction of $3.3 billion, from Genting Hong Kong Limited, the largest cruise operator in the Asia Pacific region
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited in its secondary purchase of shares in Bilibili, Inc.
- Anchor Equity Partners in the Series A funding round for Cue Holdings Limited, a provider of integrated digital marketing solutions in China backed by KKR
- MBK Partners in the acquisition of a controlling stake in Siyanli, the fifth largest high-end beauty spa and medical beauty service provider in China
- A leading Asian PE firm in its minority investment in a developer of a security software platform that provides cyber risk solutions
- A Chinese SOE in connection with an acquisition of an independent wind power producer in Brazil, with a deal value of approximately $700 million
- A Chinese SOE in connection with a minority investment in a Brazilian private port
- A Chinese consortium in connection with an acquisition of a U.S. based biotechnology company, with a deal value of approximately $300 million
- A Chinese biotechnology company in connection with the acquisition of an equity stake in a U.S. biotechnology company and the entry into a licensing arrangement in connection with key technologies
*Includes matters handled prior to joining Weil