Roshelle Nagar is counsel in Weil's Banking & Finance practice and is based in New York.
Ms. Nagar’s practice is focused on domestic and cross border bank financing. She has experience representing financial institutions, private equity sponsors and corporate borrowers in connection with leveraged acquisition and recapitalization transactions, subscription facilities, asset-based lending and cash flow lending, as well as letters of credit facilities, loan restructurings and margin loan facilities.
Clients represented by Ms. Nagar include Barclays, Brookfield Asset Management, Citigroup, CVC Capital Partners, Dubai International Capital, GE Capital Corporation, Guggenheim Partners, Lindsay Goldberg, Mubadala Development Company and Providence Equity Partners.
- Providence Strategic Growth in connection with various subscription facilities.
- Trive Capital in connection with various subscription facilities.
- General Electric in connection with financing matters related to its strategic plan to sell most of GE Capital’s assets.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in credit facilities for BIF II Eagle Investment L.P. (Canada) and Eagle Acquire LP (Canada).
- Vivendi in a three-year $2 billion letter of credit facility.
- Alfa S.A.B. de C.V. in a $60 million financing to M&G Polimeros Mexico, S.A. de C.V.
- Brookfield Asset Management in a margin loan agreement with Citibank, N.A.
- IFM Investors Pty. Limited in a subscription facility with National Australia Bank.
Ms. Nagar is active in pro bono matters and sits on the Board of Directors of Accion East, the largest provider of microfinance in the United States.
Ms. Nagar received her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and her B.A. from the University of Florida.