Rosalind advises on a broad range of complex commercial disputes principally arising out of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, fraud, cross-border restructuring/insolvency and shareholder/partnership issues. Her practice also spans investigations, sanctions, compliance, and regulatory advisory work.
Rosalind has particular experience in advising on issues arising out of high profile restructurings and insolvencies, including advising the Lehman estate in disputes which have come before the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. She also routinely advises clients in relation to cross-border trade regulation and sanctions issues, especially in a transactional context.
Rosalind is admitted with higher rights of audience (civil) in England and Wales. She has recently completed a secondment as a Judicial Assistant in the Chancery Division of the High Court.
Representative matters include acting for:
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc on its subordinated debt litigation with various UK subsidiaries, concerning the relative ranking of over $10 billion of subordinated claims in the UK estates
- Petropavlovsk Plc, on a variety of contentious and regulatory matters
- A leading global private equity house and one of its portfolio groups in connection with an investigation into alleged bribery by a portfolio company employee of a public official in China
- The UK Government, in connection with compliance and governance related risks arising out of its acquisition of OneWeb
- Syncreon, in connection with a scheme of arrangement
- Doncasters, in connection with a scheme of arrangement
- Various private equity clients and their portfolio companies, in connection with anti-bribery, anti-money laundering and sanctions reviews and regulatory advisory work, including regarding regulatory reporting requirements
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc on its insolvency, including with respect to the Waterfall I Application, Waterfall II Application, Waterfall III Application, the UK affiliate backstop deal and the LBIE scheme
Awards and Recognition, Speaking Engagements, Guides and Resources, Latest Thinking, Firm News & Announcements
US/UK/EU financial sanctions in response to the situation in Ukraine
Blog Post — European Disputes Blog
Timothy C. Welch,
Rosalind Meehan and
— March 04, 2022
INTRODUCTION This note provides an overview of the financial sanctions introduced by the United States government, the UK government and the European Union in response to the invasion of Ukraine by Russia as of 3 March 2022. Given that this is an evolving situation, the sanctions landscape remains fluid and will continue to change considerably ...
- Landmark Lehman Subordinated Debt Ruling Alert — European Restructuring Watch — By Mark Lawford, Lindsay Merritt, Rosalind Meehan and Maeve Brady — PDF — July 09, 2020
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises CD&R on its Acquisitions of Atalian and OCS Deal Brief — August 02, 2022
- Weil Advised Berkshire Partners-Backed Parts Town on its Acquisition of the REPA Group Deal Brief — January 18, 2022