- Advent International and its portfolio companies in various transactions, including its approximately $1.5 billion acquisition of Encora Digital Inc.; the acquisitions of Culligan International Company, Distribution International, Bojangles Restaurants, Inc., a significant stake in Imperial Dade, a substantial minority stake in Iodine Software, in a transaction that valued Iodine at more than $1 billion and an approximately 50% stake in RxBenefits, Inc.; Culligan International Company in its $1.1 billion take-private acquisition of AquaVenture Holdings Limited and acquisitions of Aqua Vital Group, TWH Filtration Industries, Inc. including its principal subsidiary Paragon Water Systems Inc., OASIS Corporation and ZIP Industries (Aust.) Pty Limited; Culligan in its sale of Seven Seas Water Corporation and its $6 billion sale to BDT Capital Partners, with Advent reinvesting on a minority basis; as minority investor in Culligan International Company (a portfolio company of Castik Capital) in Culligan's pending business combination with Waterlogic Group Holdings, Ltd.; QW Holding Corp. (Quala) in its acquisition of PSC; Distribution International in its $1 billion sale to TopBuild Corp.; and Cobham Limited in its $2.8 billion sale of Cobham Mission Systems and its $965 million sale of Cobham Aero Connectivity;
- Providence Equity Partners and its portfolio companies in connection with various matters, including in its acquisition of TimeClock Plus; its acquisitions of majority stakes in Tenstreet, LLC and n2y; its acquisition of minority stake in Seesaw Learning, Inc.; its investments in Scenario Learning, Ascend Learning and related investments, and ikaSystems Corporation; its acquisition of a majority stake in Vector Solutions; TCP Software in its acquisition of Aladtec, Inc.; TimeClock Plus, LLC in its acquisition of Humanity.com Inc. (n/k/a Humanity.com LLC); Vector Solutions in its acquisition of Convergence Training and the subsequent sale of Vector Solutions; its acquisition and sale of Professional Association of Diving Instructors; Tempo Music Investments in its acquisitions of the assets of Influence Media Music SPV and certain assets of Barometer Music Royalty Fund I Inc. and its joint venture with Warner Music Group Corp.; and Grupo TorreSur in its $315 million sale of São Paulo Cinco Locação de Torres Ltda.;
- PSG in its sale of a majority stake in LogicMonitor Inc.;
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of Inmar, Inc. from ABRY Partners; and together with Harvest Partners in the approximately $1 billion take-private acquisition of Epiq Systems, Inc. and its combination with DTI (Document Technologies Inc.);
- Guidepost Growth Equity and its portfolio companies in various transactions, including its acquisition of Ingenious Med; the acquisitions and divestitures of RuffaloCODY and Contact Solutions; its investments in OutSystems, Asurint and ThinkHR Corporation; and its sales of Valence Health and Seniorlink Inc.;
- Snow Phipps Group (n/k/a TruArc Partners) and its portfolio companies, including its acquisitions of Brook & Whittle Limited, Efficient Collaborative Retail Marketing Company (ERM), Mesa Foods and Rudy's Food Products Inc.; ERM in its acquisition of RangeMe USA LLC; its sales of Velvet, Inc. and ZeroChaos, Inc.; and Brook & Whittle in its acquisitions of Prime Package & Label Co., the Croydon facility (f/k/a Gilbreth Packaging Solutions), Label Impressions, Inc., Wizard Labels LLC, assets of Innovative Labeling Solutions, Inc. and substantially all of the assets of Tri Print LLC; and Brook & Whittle in its sale to Genstar Capital;
- EQT Partners in its sale of Dorner Manufacturing Corporation and WS Audiology A/S in its acquisition of the assets of My Hearing Centers, LLC;
- Susquehanna Growth Equity, as an investor in Payoneer Inc., in Payoneer’s $3.3 billion business combination with FTAC Olympus Acquisition Corp., a SPAC focused on technology and financial services technology companies;
- Clearhaven Partners in its acquisition of Wowza Media Systems, LLC;
- Giant Eagle, Inc. in its acquisition of Ricker Oil Company, Inc.;
- Raine Capital in its minority investment in Olo;
- American Capital, Ltd. (n/k/a Ares Capital) in various matters, including its sale of Specialty Brands of America, Inc. to B&G Foods, Inc. and its sale of eLynx to Black Knight Financial Services, Inc. (n/k/a Black Knight, Inc.);
- Sanofi-Aventis in its acquisitions of Genzyme Corporation and Pluromed, Inc. and its commercial joint venture, Warp Drive Bio, with Third Rock Ventures;
- Summit Partners and its portfolio companies in various transactions, including its acquisitions of Commercial Defeasance, Associations, Inc., Champion Window and Blue Ocean;
- Susquehanna Growth Equity, together with W Capital Partners and AB Private Credit Investors, in the $280 million acquisition of a minority interest in Workfront, Inc.; together with Accel Partners in their acquisition of XebiaLabs, Inc.; and Poppulo in its merger with Four Winds Interactive (a portfolio company of Vista Equity Partners);
- Paycor, Inc. in its sale to Apax Partners;
- Kantar Group (a portfolio company of Bain Capital Private Equity) in its acquisition of Numerator;
- Kantar Health, LLC in its $375 million sale by The Kantar Group Limited (a portfolio company of Bain Capital);
- Thomas H. Lee Partners and its portfolio companies, including its acquisitions of Fidelity National Financial and American Media Corporation;
- Speedcast International Limited and its subsidiaries in the negotiation and implementation of a $500 million equity investment by affiliates of Centerbridge Partners L.P. in connection with Speedcast’s ongoing chapter 11 proceeding;
- Guggenheim Partners, LLC in its acquisition of Dick Clark Productions;
- Eli Lilly and Company in a global licensing and research collaboration with Avidity Biosciences LLC, including Lilly’s investment in Avidity as partial financing for the transaction; a global licensing and research collaboration with, and equity investment in, Sitryx Therapeutics Limited; and an up to $998 million license agreement to acquire the exclusive worldwide rights for CNTX-0290;
- iContracts, Inc. (at the time a portfolio company of Susquehanna Growth Equity) in its sale to RLDatix Ltd.; and
- PSP Investments, as lead investor, in an investment in Integral Health, Inc. that had a pre-money valuation of $400 million; as a participant in a $300 million investment in Valo Health, LLC; and, as an investor, in an investment in Repertoire Immune Medicines, Inc. (a portfolio company of Flagship Pioneering).
Ramona is ranked as an “Up & Coming” lawyer for Private Equity: Buyouts in Massachusetts by Chambers USA, where clients note “She is always looking for a pragmatic business solution.” She is recognized as a “Rising Star” for Private Equity in the U.S. by IFLR1000. Ramona has also been recommended for Private Equity Buyouts by Legal 500 US. Ramona was shortlisted as “Private Equity Lawyer of the Year” for Euromoney Legal Media Group’s Americas Women in Business Law Awards for 2022.
Ramona is the Head of Hiring for the Boston office and is actively involved in recruiting, training and mentoring programs at Weil.
Ramona is also a director of (and plays violin with) the Longwood Symphony Orchestra, a pro bono client of the firm. She is actively engaged in various community organizations, including the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Marathon Challenge. Her interests include running, hiking, piano and violin.