Some of Nicole’s recent experience includes serving on Weil teams representing:
- A financial services company in an antitrust action defending against claims under the Sherman Act and state consumer protection statutes.
- A financial services company in a suit alleging conspiracy claims under the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act.
- A former director and officer of a global fruit company in a multi-district litigation involving claims under the Torture Victim Protection Act and Colombian law.
- A large defense contractor in confidential arbitration proceedings.
- A major hotel chain in consumer protection litigation related to its South Florida-branded hotels.
- A major healthcare provider in a breach of contract and unjust enrichment action against one of the largest health insurance companies in the country, securing an $8 million jury verdict at trial for the client based on the insurer’s underpayment for medical services.
- Repsol S.A. in complex environmental litigation concerning pollution of the Passaic River in New Jersey, which involves multi-billion-dollar claims of “alter ego” and fraudulent conveyance.
- Westinghouse and its successor Wind Down Co. in a putative class action arising out of Westinghouse’s chapter 11 bankruptcy, obtaining victories on behalf of the clients in front of the Bankruptcy Court, District Court, and Second Circuit Court of Appeals, which wholly barred the assertion of multi-million dollar pre-petition claims.
- Sophisticated business clients, including a major retailer and a restaurant franchisee, in breach of contract and bankruptcy litigation arising from the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Nicole is also actively involved in pro bono engagements, and has served on the Weil team assisting the Legal Aid Society in representing human trafficking victims in motions to vacate convictions related to their exploitation.
In addition to her practice, Nicole is an active member of the legal community. At Weil, she is the Miami office representative for the global Associates Committee and Women@Weil affinity group. At the state bar level, she has served on the Florida Bar Journal Editorial Board, the Florida Bar Annual Convention Committee, and the Florida Bar Media Law Committee. She is also an alumnus of the Miami-Dade Legal Aid Leadership Academy, which selects its participants based on their professional experience, leadership, and service to the community.
Prior to joining the firm, Nicole graduated third in her class, summa cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law, where she served as Editor-in-Chief of the University of Miami Law Review. During law school, she served as a Judicial Intern for The Honorable Paul C. Huck of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida and a Legal Intern for the University of Miami’s Athletics Compliance Office. She also served on the Board of Governors for the Law Student Division of the Florida Bar Young Lawyer’s Division. Nicole currently serves on the Executive Board of the University of Miami School of Law’s Young Alumni Committee. In November 2021, she was honored as the recipient of the University of Miami Law Review’s Daniel E. Murray Distinguished Service Award for distinguished achievement in the field of law and continued dedication to the Law Review. In November 2022, she was honored as the recipient of the Young Alumni Award for her significant and continued service to the school.
Prior to law school, Nicole received a double B.A. degree, with distinction, in Journalism & Mass Communications as well as Political Science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. There, she served as Editor-in-Chief of The Daily Tar Heel student newspaper.Nicole is recognized as a top rated lawyer and a “Rising Star” in Civil Litigation in the 2021, 2022, and 2023 editions of Florida Super Lawyers.
Awards and Recognition, Latest Thinking, Firm News & Announcements
Awards and Recognition
- Nicole Comparato Recognized as a Rising Star Award Brief — Super Lawyers 2022
- Nicole Comparato Receives 2021 Daniel E. Murray Distinguished Service Award Award Brief — University of Miami Law Review
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advised Blackstone in its Acquisition of a Majority Stake in Certified Collectibles Group Deal Brief — July 30, 2021