Nick Cusack is counsel in the Banking & Finance group in the London office of Weil. Nick has worked on a range of top of the market acquisition financing, real estate finance, corporate refinancing and restructuring transactions.
Representative experience includes acting for*:
- GSAM as unitranche noteholder and HSBC Bank PLC as revolving facility lender in connection with the refinancing of the Casa Optima group.
- Ares as unitranche lender in respect of its financing of TowerBrook Capital Partners’ acquisition of Premium Credit Limited from Cinven.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman in connection with its €1.8bn acquisition of Allfunds Bank SA, a global fund platform and technology business. The financing package consisted of €575m senior secured notes and a €60m super senior RCF.
- Ardian Private Debt with regard to the provision of a unitranche acquisition financing for Synova Capital in connection with its acquisition of Orbix Protect.
- Bridgepoint Credit Partners and CVC Credit Partners in connection with the provision of a GBP 150 million unitranche acquisition financing to Macquarie in relation to its acquisition of the Wavenet Group.
- Goldman Sachs, Citibank, JP Morgan, Deutsche Bank, Santander and certain other lenders in their capacity as underwriters and mandated lead arrangers in relation to the EUR 325 million senior secured notes issued by Aedas Homes and the related EUR 55 million revolving credit facility.
- Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan and Santander in their capacity as underwriters and mandated lead arrangers in relation to the EUR 300 million senior secured notes issued by Neinor Homes and the related EUR 50 million revolving credit facility.
- a syndicate of lenders including J.P. Morgan and Deutsche Bank on the $300m high yield bond issuance by Via Célere Desarrollos Inmobiliarios, S.A., a leading developer of residential care homes in Spain and the provision of a €30m super senior RCF.
- a syndicate of European and US banks, including Morgan Stanley and Credit Suisse, in connection with the implementation of a new global funding structure for the Encore Capital Group Inc. by way of a EUR 350 million senior secured notes and a EUR 400 million senior secured floating rate note issuance together with a USD 1.05 billion multicurrency RCF.
- Firmenich International on its investment grade EUR 2.8 billion bridge-to-bond financing of its acquisition together with the implementation of a CHF 750 million RCF.
- MagicLab, the owner of online dating apps Bumble and Badoo, in connection with the acquisition financing of Blackstone's USD 3 billion majority stake in the MagicLab group.
- the Arranger on the provision of a bridge loan facility in connection with Global Wafers' proposed public-to-private acquisition of German semiconductor manufacturer, Siltronic AG.
- Impala Platinum Holdings Limited on the C$1bn acquisition financing of its bid to acquire North American Palladium Ltd., a Canadian publicly listed mining company.
- Duke Street LLP, a UK-based mid-market private equity firm, on its acquisition of the Great Rail Journeys group by way of £60m unitranche and super-senior RCF financing.
- Charlesbank Capital Partners on a £204,000,000 refinancing of its acquisition of Six Degrees Limited via a unitranche and super-senior RCF financing.
- Silverfleet Capital Partners on the financing of its mid-market acquisition of Riviera Tours Travel Group and the negotiation of a £124,000,000 unitranche and super-senior RCF financing.
- Muzinich and Santander with respect to a unitranche financing in connection with LDC’s acquisition of Solid Solutions Management Limited.
- Nordea Bank on a SEK 1,450,000,000 investment grade post-IPO financing for a Scandinavian financial services conglomerate.
- DPK Management, a real estate investment fund, in connection with its acquisition of a London retail park and shopping center and the implementation of a senior/mezzanine refinancing.
- Baupost Group on its acquisition of the Dolce Vita Tejo Portuguese property portfolio via a senior/mezzanine real estate financing in 2015. Assisting with ongoing management of the asset through the investment period.
- Macquarie Capital in connection with a £28,000,000 PIK holdco loan made available for the purposes of Liberty Hall Capital Partners’ $135,000,000 acquisition of Dunlop Aircraft Tyres Ltd.
- Liberty Global plc in connection with the £3.5 billion acquisition and refinancing of Cable & Wireless Communications plc and assisting on multiple refinancing transactions for several Liberty Global portfolio companies including UPC, Telenet, Virgin Media and VodafoneZiggo.
*includes experience prior to joining Weil