Mei Dan participates in the representation of financial and strategic clients in various acquisition transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments and cross-border matters. She also has been involved in advising on general corporate and transactional matters, including financings.
Ms. Dan has been part of the teams advising:
- Berkshire Partners in, together with TPG Growth and other investors, a $275 million investment in Precision Medicine Group, Inc.
- Boyd Corporation in its acquisition of Action Fabricators, Inc.
- Genstar Capital in:
- its acquisition of Boyd Corporation.
- its acquisition of Aavid Thermalloy, with Boyd Corporation.
- its acquisitions of Orion Advisor Solutions (a portfolio company of TA Associates) and Brinker Capital, creating a wealthtech advisory services company.
- its sale of Boyd Corporation.
- its sale of Pretium Packaging, LLC.
- Elevate Entertainment, Inc. in its acquisition by tender offer of Evans & Sutherland Computer Corporation.
- Getty Images Inc. in its $500 million preferred stock investment by Koch Equity Development.
- Opera Software ASA in its acquisition of Surfeasy Inc.
- Oracle in its acquisitions of NetSuite and Opower.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investment in Validity, Inc.
- Silver Lake Sumeru in its sale of ForeFlight, LLC.
- Synopsys, Inc. in its acquisitions of Cigital, Codiscope, Simpleware Limited and Silicon Vision.
- SiriusXM in its acquisition of a minority stake in SoundCloud Ltd.
- TA Associates in its acquisition of Global Software, Inc.
- TPG Global in its minority stock investment in CeriBell, Inc.
- TPG Capital in the $2.5 billion reduction in valuation (from $4.5 billion to $2 billion) of Zenefits in which existing stock was repriced, giving preferred stock investors, including TPG, a more significant stake in the company.
- TPG Growth in its minority investment in SutroVax, Inc.
- Trive Capital in its $330 million acquisition of EarthLink, LLC.
- United Online in the sale of MyPoints.com, Inc.
- zulily, inc. in its $2.4 billion sale to Liberty Interactive Corporation (n/k/a Quarte Retail Group).