Mei Dan is counsel in Weil’s Corporate Department and is based in Weil’s Silicon Valley office. Mei participates in the representation of financial and strategic clients in various acquisition transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments and cross-border matters. She also has been involved in advising on general corporate and transactional matters, including financings.
Mei has been part of the teams advising:
- Berkshire Partners in, together with TPG Growth and other investors, a $275 million investment in Precision Medicine Group, Inc.
- Boyd Corporation in its acquisition of Action Fabricators, Inc.
- Genstar Capital in:
- its acquisition of Boyd Corporation.
- its acquisition of Aavid Thermalloy, with Boyd Corporation.
- together with TA Associates, the acquisition of Orion Advisor Solutions, following the merger of Orion and Brinker Capital.
- its sale of Infinite Electronics, Inc.
- its sale of Boyd Corporation.
- its sale of Pretium Packaging, LLC.
- Elevate Entertainment, Inc. in its acquisition by tender offer of Evans & Sutherland Computer Corporation.
- Getty Images Inc. in its $500 million preferred stock investment by Koch Equity Development.
- Opera Software ASA in its acquisition of Surfeasy Inc.
- Oracle in its acquisitions of NetSuite and Opower.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investment in Validity, Inc.
- Silver Lake Sumeru in its sale of ForeFlight, LLC.
- Synopsys, Inc. in its acquisitions of Cigital, Codiscope, Simpleware Limited and Silicon Vision.
- SiriusXM in its acquisition of a minority stake in SoundCloud Ltd.
- TA Associates in its acquisition of Global Software, Inc.
- TPG Capital in the $2.5 billion reduction in valuation (from $4.5 billion to $2 billion) of Zenefits in which existing stock was repriced, giving preferred stock investors, including TPG, a more significant stake in the company.
- TPG Growth in its minority investment in SutroVax, Inc.
- The Rise Fund of TPG Growth in its participation in a preferred stock financing round for CeriBell, Inc.
- TPG Tech Adjacencies (TTAD) in its acquisition of preferred stock of Sauce Labs, Inc.
- Trive Capital in its $330 million acquisition of EarthLink, LLC.
- United Online in the sale of MyPoints.com, Inc.
- zulily, inc. in its $2.4 billion sale to Liberty Interactive Corporation (n/k/a Quarte Retail Group).
Mei received her J.D. from New York University School of Law and her B.S. from the University of California, San Diego.