Max Maisonrouge is counsel in Weil’s Banking & Finance practice and is based in New York. Max participates in advising borrowers, private equity sponsors, banks and other financial institutions in a variety of financing transactions, including first and second lien credit facilities, middle market and large cap financings, cross-border and domestic acquisition financings, and debt restructuring transactions.
Max has been part of the teams advising:
- Citi, as administrative agent, and Citi and another large financial institution, as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners, in $21.8 billion bridge and term loan facilities and a $5 billion revolving working capital facility to support the $55 billion acquisition by Occidental Petroleum Corporation of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation.
- JPMorgan, as administrative agent, in an amended and extended $4 billion senior unsecured revolving facility featuring sustainability-linked pricing for Occidental Petroleum Corporation.
- Citi, as administrative agent and arranger, in a $2.75 billion amended and extended senior unsecured revolving facility for Becton, Dickinson and Company to increase the existing facility and extend its maturity.
- Citi and another financial institution, as agents and lenders, in a $2 billion amended and extended senior unsecured revolving facility for FMC Corporation.
- Alaska Air Group, Inc., parent of Alaska Airlines, Inc., in a $1.928 billion senior secured term facility under the CARES Act, to maintain liquidity during a prolonged national health emergency.
- Citi, as administrative agent, in an amended and upsized $1.9 billion asset-based revolving credit facility for Tenet Healthcare Corporation, to temporarily increase aggregate credit commitments.
- Citi, as administrative agent, joint lead arranger and bookrunner, in a $1.5 billion senior unsecured revolving facility for Howmet Aerospace, Inc. to finance Howmet’s spin-off from Arconic Inc. (formerly the downstream manufacturing segment of Alcoa, Inc.) as one of two stand-alone, publicly traded companies, the other being Arconic Corporation and, as administrative agent, in a $1 billion amended senior unsecured multicurrency revolving facility for Howmet Aerospace Inc.
- Morgan Stanley, as administrative agent, in a $1.25 billion senior secured multicurrency term facility for Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (a portfolio company of The Catalyst Capital Group and Tennenbaum Capital Partners) to refinance its existing capital structure.
- Administrative agent, joint lead arranger and joint bookrunner, in a $1.25 billion unsecured revolving facility for Trimble Inc. (f/k/a Trimble Navigation Limited) to finance acquisitions and refinance existing indebtedness.
- Citi, as administrative agent, in an amended and extended $155 million asset-based senior secured revolving facility for Alpha Metallurgical Resources, Inc. (f/k/a Contura Energy, Inc.).
- Blue Torch Capital, as administrative agent and collateral agent, in a $120 million senior secured term facility for Spire Global, Inc. to fund Spire's acquisitions and refinance existing indebtedness.
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, Inc. in $100 million senior secured facilities to refinance existing ABL indebtedness.
- Highbridge, as lender and holder, in an up to $20 million first lien term loan for Senseonics Holdings, Inc., simultaneously with an exchange by Senseonics of outstanding senior convertible notes for second lien securd notes, shares of common stock and warrants, to provide working capital.
- Administrative agent, sole lead arranger and sole bookrunner, in a senior unsecured term facility to finance the acquisition by MPT Operating Partnership, L.P. of Springstone, Inc.
- CL Holdings, LLC (a portfolio company of J.C. Flowers) in an incremental second lien term facility to finance the acquisition of Canastream Holdings Ltd.
Max is recognized for Banking and Finance Law by Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2023.
Max received his J.D. from Washington University School of Law where he served on Washington University Global Studies Law Review, and his B.A. from Princeton University.
Awards and Recognition
Awards and Recognition
- Max Maisonrouge Recognized for Banking and Finance Law Award Brief — Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2023 (Best Lawyers (in America) is by Levine Leichtman Capital Partners)