Mark Davis is counsel in the Banking & Finance group in the London office of Weil. Mark has acted for private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, financial institutions and direct lenders on a wide range of financing transactions, including acting on cross-border leveraged finance, high-yield financings, restructurings and other complex transactions.
Prior to joining Weil, Mark worked at a magic circle law firm in London and before that at firms in New Zealand.
Representative experience includes acting for:
- Novalpina Capital on the financing of its acquisitions of Laboratoire X.O and MaxBet and its bid for PharmaZell
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board on the acquisition of the Logoplaste group and its portfolio company Busy Bees on various matters, including its refinancing
- An ad hoc committee of creditors of KCA Deutag on its restructuring
- An ad hoc group of bondholders of UK based speciality metals producer, Ferroglobe, in relation to the Group’s financial difficulties and related financings
- CIBC and another financial institution, as joint lead arrangers, in £1.8 billion bridge and term facilities for Intact Financial Corporation (Intact) to finance in part the £7.2 billion acquisition of RSA Insurance Group plc by Intact and Tryg A/S.
- BlackRock, as lender, on a unitranche facility in connection with a minority investment in HH Global
- Advent International in connection with debt facilities provided in connection with its investment in Aareon AG and its portfolio company Vitaldent on various matters