Marija’s experience encompasses broad range of industries, including technology, defence, rail industry, and offshore & marine sectors.
Prior to joining Weil, Marija was an associate in the Brussels office of an international law firm.
Representative experience includes acting for:*
- Microsoft on its $10 billion investment in OpenAI;
- Microsoft on its ~$70 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard, Inc., before the European Commission, winning conditional Phase 2 approval;
- Liberty Global and Telefonica on a joint venture with InfraVia before the European Commission;
- Alstom in its acquisition of Bombardier Transportation;
- Alstom in its then-proposed €15 billion combination with Siemens;
- NVIDIA in its then-proposed $40 billion acquisition of Arm;
- Google in the European Commission investigation into data-related practices;
- UTC in its merger of equals with Raytheon Corp;
- Temasek, Sembcorp Marine, and Keppel O&M in a $6.29bn merger of Sembcorp Marine with Keppel Corp’s offshore and marine unit;
(*including from previous firm)
PublicationsState Aid Law Post-Brexit: Subsidy Control Under the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement, European Competition Law Review, co-authored
Can an ICSID Award for the Compensation of Damages be regarded as State Aid?, European State Aid Quarterly