In 2018, Lewis was featured in Legal Week’s “Rising stars: the next generation of City private equity talent”, and was also seconded to Advent International, where he served as European Counsel, advising the firm and its investment professionals on acquisitions, disposals and other matters.
Lewis was seconded to the private equity and M&A department of Weil’s New York office for six months in 2011.
Representative experience as part of a team includes:
- Advent International on the take private of Cobham plc
- Bain Capital on the acquisition of 60% of Kantar from WPP Group
- Advent International on the acquisition of Transaction Services Group
- As Advent International’s European Counsel, the acquisitions of Circet, Deutsche Fachpflege Gruppe, GE Distributed Power (now INNIO), Laird and Zentiva, the disposals of Ammeraal Beltech, KMD, MAXAM and Mondo Minerals, and the merger of Nets with Concardis
- Lone Star on the acquisition of a 75% stake in Novo Banco from the Portuguese Resolution Fund
- Advent International and Bain Capital on the Copenhagen IPO of Nets, and its subsequent sale to a consortium led by Hellman & Friedman, into which Advent and Bain also invested
- Providence Equity Partners on the sale of Clarion Events to Blackstone
- Advent International and Bain Capital on the €2.1 billion acquisition of ICPBI and the €1.1 billion acquisition of Setefi Processing and ISP Card
- Advent International and Bain Capital on the acquisition of Concardis
- Providence Equity Partners, together with WPP Group, on the take private of Chime Communications
- Advent International and Bain Capital on the London IPO of Worldpay
- Providence Equity on its convertible bond and debt investments in Masmovil Ibercom to finance its acquisitions of Yoigo and Pepemobile
- The principal shareholders on the dual track process culminating in the €7.2 billion sale of Spanish telecoms company ONO to Vodafone