Lauren Gorsche is an associate in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in Dallas. Lauren’s practice focuses on the representation of private investment fund sponsors in the formation, structuring and negotiation of their private equity funds, investment vehicles, partnerships, joint ventures and limited liability companies. Lauren also participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the tax aspects of a wide range of corporate transactions, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and financing transactions.
Lauren has been part of the teams advising:
- Apco Oil & Gas International, Inc. (a subsidiary of WPX Energy, Inc.) in its $427 million sale to Pluspetrol Black River Corporation (a subsidiary of Pluspetrol Resources Corporation)
- EQT Infrastructure in its acquisition of WASH Multifamily Laundry Systems
- Goldman Sachs & Company in its acquisition of Drayer Physical Therapy Institute, LLC
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition and sale of the Professional Association of Diving Instructors
- PSG in its significant investment in Boston Logic Technology Partners, Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in its acquisition of All Systems Holding LLC
- Warwick Partners III in its acquisition of the equity of Warwick Partners I
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $2.75 billion acquisition of RKI Exploration & Production, LLC
Lauren received her J.D. from Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law and her B.A., summa cum laude, from the University of Oklahoma.