Kirsten Erichsen is a Restructuring associate in London. Kirsten has been involved in a number of high profile domestic and cross-border restructurings and insolvencies. She is experienced in advising on restructuring matters in the sovereign, financial services and insurance sectors, including out-of-court restructurings, formal insolvencies, schemes of arrangement and contingency planning. She has advised on both creditor and debtor mandates for a variety of clients including distressed corporates, co-ordinating committees, financial institutions and insolvency practitioners.
Kirsten has been part of the team recognised by the following awards: Legal Business Awards 2016 “Restructuring Team of the Year”; Financial News Awards 2016 “Restructuring Team of the Year”; and The Lawyer Awards 2014 “Restructuring Team of the Year.”
Kirsten speaks fluent German and is a member of the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association and R3.
- Advising a US-based oil and gas company in relation to the restructuring of its North Sea assets
- Waypoint Leasing in connection with its 2019 Chapter 11 filing
- Franklin Templeton and other investors in relation to Ukrainian sovereign and sub-sovereign debt and advising on the restructuring of City of Kyiv
- KPMG as joint administrators in the special administration of MF Global UK Limited
- KPMG as joint administrators in the administration of MF Global Finance Europe Limited and MF Global Overseas Limited
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc on its insolvency, including in relation to the sale of subordinated debt in Lehman Brothers International (Europe)
- Advising stakeholders in relation to Seadrill, Prosafe and Transocean
- CHC Group, a global helicopter service provider operating on six continents with more than 220 aircraft, in relation to its UK and Cayman restructuring