Katie Thomas is counsel in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Katie assists in the representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Katie has been part of the teams advising:
- Sanofi SA in its acquisition of Provention Bio Inc. (PRVB) for $2.9 billion in cash
- Transaction Committee of the Board of Directors of Reynolds American Inc. in the $60.6 billion sale to British American Tobacco p.l.c. (BAT) of the 57.8% of Reynolds stock that BAT did not already own
- MSP Recovery, LLC in its $32.6 billion business combination with Lionheart Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by Lionheart Equities
- Sanofi in its $11.6 billion acquisition of Bioverativ Inc.
- Evercore, as financial advisor to CoreSite Realty Corporation, in the $10.1 billion acquisition of CoreSite by American Tower Corporation
- Apergy Corporation (n/k/a ChampionX Corporation) in a Reverse Morris Trust acquisition of ChampionX (f/k/a Nalco Champion) from Ecolab Inc. creating an entity with a combined $7.4 billion enterprise value
- athenahealth, Inc. in its $5.7 billion sale to Veritas Capital and Evergreen Coast Capital (an affiliate of Elliott Management Corporation) and planned combination with Virence Health
- Centerview Partners, as financial advisor to Cantel Medical Corp., in its $4.6 billion sale to STERIS plc
- Straight Path Communications Inc. in its $3.1 billion sale to Verizon Communications, Inc.
- MGM Resorts International in its $1.625 billion acquisition of the operations of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corp. in its acquisition of Organogenesis Inc. and its proposed merger with Envigo International Holdings, Inc.
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc. in its up to $740 million sale of Avera Semiconductor LLC and its $430 million sale of a semiconductor fabrication plant for the manufacture of 300mm-size wafers used in the production of integrated circuits to ON Semiconductor Corporation
- Heartland Dental Care, LLC in the sale, by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and other existing shareholders, of a majority stake in Heartland to KKR & Co., with Ontario Teachers' retaining a sizeable ownership stake
- Irving Place Capital Management and Agiliti Holdco, Inc. (f/k/a Universal Hospital Services, Inc.) in Agliti’s combination with Federal Street Acquisition Corp. (FSAC), a SPAC sponsored by Thomas H. Lee Partners, in a new holding company formed by FSAC named Agiliti Health, Inc. (n/k/a Agiliti, Inc.), having an implied enterprise value of approximately $1.74 billion
- SiriusXM in its acquisition of a minority stake in SoundCloud Ltd.
- Software Luxembourg Holding S.A. in its $1.3 billion merger with and into Churchill Capital Corp II, a SPAC sponsored by the Churchill Capital Group
Katie received her L.L.B. and B.Com. from the University of Sydney.