Jonathan is ranked as a Leading Lawyer for Private Equity by Chambers UK 2018, as a Leading Individual in Legal 500 UK 2017, and is Highly Regarded in IFLR1000 UK 2018. He has been identified by one client as “one of the best M&A lawyers in the market”, with other clients remarking that his “ ‘gravitas and authority’ in negotiations are highly valued by clients, with interviewees also complimenting his ‘blend of great advice and commercial common sense’”.
He was included in The Lawyer’s Hot 100 2017, where it was noted that he is able to take “clients through…high-pressure situations with strong preparation as well as a very clear and pragmatic view of risk”.
- Advent International on the take private of Brammer plc and the roll up acquisition of Industrial Parts Holding (IPH); acquisition of Ammeraal Beltech, and on the IPOs of Advent-backed Equiniti and DFS
- General Atlantic portfolio company Hyperion Insurance Group on its acquisition of RK Harrison and subsequently Hyperion on the $400m investment by CDPQ
- General Atlantic on a number of transactions including: investment in Typeform, acquisition of MeteoGroup, investment in FNZ and on its exit from Axel Springer Digital Classified
- HgCapital on a number of transactions including: the acquisition of Citation; the acquisition and subsequent disposal of Finnish healthcare provider Mainio Vire; acquisition and combination of Leasedrive Group and Zenith Vehicle Contracts Group, and on the sale Zenith to Bridgepoint; disposals of ATC Group, a Netherlands-based management services provider, and SHL Group, a talent measurement services provider
- Ardian, who along with GHO Capital Partners and management of Envision Pharma, acquired the company in a management buyout transaction
- Synopsys, eBay and other technology focussed corporate clients on a number of European acquisitions