James Hogben is a Banking partner in London.
James has extensive experience advising leading private equity sponsors, banks and corporates on a range of finance deals. He is also experienced in advising sponsors on the restructuring and refinancing of their portfolio companies.
James is recommended for Acquisition Finance in Legal 500 UK, which notes that “the extraordinarily effective and practical James Hogben is clearly at the top of his game”, and is also listed as a Leading Lawyer for Banking in IFLR1000 UK.Representative experience includes:
- Lion Capital on the €800 million refinancing of the existing debt facilities of Dutch retailer HEMA
- Barclays, Nomura, RBC and Macquarie as lenders on Hellman and Friedman’s €1.7 billion acquisition of German online marketplace retailer Scout24
- Advent International and Bain Capital on the financing of its $3.1 billion acquisition of Nordic payment company, NETS
- Oaktree and Stock Spirits Group on the combined €220 million refinancing of two facilities for Stock Spirits Group
- Findus Group on its restructuring and subsequent refinancing by way of $625 million senior secured notes and a super senior revolving credit facility
- Charterhouse Capital Partners on the financing of its €500 million acquisition of Armacell
- Doncasters Group Ltd. (a portfolio company of Dubai International Corporation) in its $1.3 billion credit facilities
- OMERS Private Equity on the financing of its $520 million acquisition of international shipping group V.Group
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the financing of its acquisition of Volution Group, holding company for Vent-Axia, from AAC Capital UK