Douglas Collins is a Corporate associate in London. He advises, as part of a team, leading private equity funds and major corporates on a wide range of domestic and cross-border acquisitions, disposals and restructurings as well as general corporate and commercial matters.
In 2021, Douglas was seconded as Legal Counsel to Cobham, a portfolio company of Advent International.
Representative experience as part of a team includes advising:
- Arrowhead Engineered Products, a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, on the acquisition of Bihr NV, a leading European distributor of parts, accessories, and rider equipment for motorcycles, ATVs, bicycles, and scooters
- Providence Equity Partners on the sale of Tes Global to Onex Partners
- Parts Town (a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners) on the acquisition of the REPA Group, a European leader in parts distribution
- Cobham (a portfolio company of Advent International) on the carve out and sale of its: (a) Mission Systems division to Eaton Corporation plc for $2.83bn; (b) Slip Rings division to Naxicap; (c) Microwave division to FCDE; (d) Aviation Services Australia (regional) division to Rex; and (e) Aviation Services Australia (special mission) division to Leidos
- Transaction Services Group (a portfolio company of Advent International) on the merger with Clearent (also a portfolio company of Advent International) to form Xplor Technologies
- Aareon (a portfolio company of Advent International) on the acquisition of Arthur Online
- CVC Capital Partners on the acquisition of RiverStone Europe from Fairfax Financial Holdings
- Aleph Capital and Crestview Partners on the simultaneous acquisitions and merger of Framestore and Company 3 / Method