- IMTT in the sale of its bulk liquids storage terminal located in Gretna, Louisiana, to BWC Terminals
- Bighorn (f/k/a Sable Permian Resources) in its announced sale of all of its assets to Earthstone Energy for $860 million in cash and stock consideration
- Angelo Gordon in out-of-court comprehensive restructuring of Abraxas Petroleum, which also included the sale of assets to Lime Rock Resources
- EQT Corporation in its acquisition of the upstream and midstream subsidiaries of Alta Resources Development, LLC for approximately $2.93 billion in cash and stock
- ArcLight Capital Partners in its acquisition from Murphy Oil Corporation and joint venture with Ridgewood Energy Corporation to co-own the King’s Quay floating production system in the Gulf of Mexico
- Solaris Water Midstream in connection with its acquisition of water gathering, disposal and recycling assets in west Texas and southeastern New Mexico from ConocoPhillips (as successor to Concho Resources) and simultaneous joint venture with ConocoPhillips focused on optimizing water logistics in the Northern Delaware basin
- EPIC Midstream in various corporate transactions and debt and equity financings in connection with its development of crude oil and NGL pipelines from the Delaware basin to Corpus Christi, Texas
- The subsidiary of a multinational integrated oil and gas company in its $545 million acquisition of deepwater Gulf of Mexico assets from Cobalt International Energy pursuant to bankruptcy court 363 proceedings
- Southwestern Energy in connection with its $1.86 billion sale of its Fayetteville Shale exploration and production and gathering businesses to Flywheel Energy
- Multiple private equity portfolio companies and private equity sponsors in connection with many upstream asset acquisitions and divestitures
Chris is ranked as an “Up and Coming” lawyer for Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional) by Chambers USA 2022 and is recognized as a “Texas Rising Star” by Super Lawyers 2016-2023.
Prior to joining Weil, Chris was a partner at another international law firm.
Chris received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Tulane University Law School and his B.A., cum laude, from Louisiana State University.
*Includes matters handled prior to joining Weil.