Mr. Ching is recognized as a leading transactional lawyer by Chambers Asia-Pacific and Legal 500, and is cited as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer for M&A in China by IFLR1000. Chambers noted him for his ability to “find a commercially-balanced solution in complicated situations” and for his “fully attentive and responsive approach”. IFLR1000 referred to him as a “strong communicator, commercially-minded, knowledgeable about the law, responsive/easy to track down”. In addition. Mr. Ching is included in China Business Law Journal’s annual “A-List” for 2018 as one of the leading 50 lawyers in foreign firms in China.
Mr. Ching’s recent representations at Weil include:
- SoftBank Vision Fund on its US$2 billion investment in Coupang, one of South Korea’s largest online retailers.
- Warburg Pincus on its investment in Sichuan Jinxin Fertility, one of China’s leading assisted reproduction healthcare providers, and other transactions.
- Shanghai Pharmaceuticals on its acquisition of US-based Cardinal Health’s pharmaceutical and medical products distribution business in China.
- Oaktree Capital on the sale of the Axilone business to CITIC Capital.
- The Learning Lab, a portfolio company of Advent International, on its acquisition of Best Learning, an English language training (ELT) institute for juniors in China.
- HNA Group on its US$6.5 billion acquisition of a 25% stake in Hilton Worldwide Holdings from Blackstone.
- Advent International on its acquisition of a majority stake in King Koil Shanghai Sleep System, a leading, premium manufacturer and retailer of mattresses in China, from CITIC Capital.
- Primavera Capital on its investment in Koubei, an on-demand local services platform in China and other transactions.
- HNA Group and Tianjin Tianhai Investment Company on their US$6 billion acquisition of US-listed Ingram Micro, an IT logistics and solutions provider.
- Avolon Holdings, an aircraft leasing and management services provider, on the US$2.6 billion acquisition of the company by Bohai Leasing.
Mr. Ching is qualified in New York and Hong Kong. He is a native Mandarin speaker.