Charles Ching is a partner in the Corporate Department and heads the Firm’s China practice. He represents financial sponsors and corporate clients on cross-border M&A and investment transactions, with particular focus on private equity investments in China-based businesses, outbound M&A by Chinese buyers, and regional joint ventures and other corporate transactions. He regularly advises China-based clients on some of the most complex and noteworthy public and private M&A transactions in the United States and globally, having practiced previously in New York and Hong Kong.
Mr. Ching’s recent representations at Weil include:
- HNA Group on its US$6.5 billion acquisition of a 25% stake in Hilton Worldwide Holdings from Blackstone.
- Advent International on its acquisition of a majority stake in King Koil Shanghai Sleep System, a leading, premium manufacturer and retailer of mattresses in China, from CITIC Capital Partners.
- Primavera Capital on its investment in Koubei, an on-demand local services platform affiliated with Alibaba.
- HNA Group and Tianjin Tianhai Investment Company on their US$6 billion acquisition of US-listed Ingram Micro, an IT logistics and solutions provider.
- Avolon Holdings, an aircraft leasing and management services provider, on the US$2.6 billion acquisition of the company by Bohai Leasing.
Mr. Ching is qualified in New York and Hong Kong. He speaks fluent Mandarin.