Ariel Fliman is an associate in Weil’s Corporate Department and is based in New York. Ariel participates in advising clients on insurance matters including structuring management liability programs, negotiating transactional liability policies such as representations and warranties and tax policies, addressing insurance implications arising in the context of restructurings and mergers and acquisitions, and handling the claims process.
Ariel has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International Corporation in its acquisitions of an approximately 50% stake in RxBenefits, Inc. and a 45% stake in Conservice, LLC
- Aleph Capital and Crestview in their investment in Framestore, and in Framestore's merger with Company 3 and Method, Inc. following Company 3 and Method’s carve-out from Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc.
- Apollo Infrastructure in its acquisition of Lendlease (US) Telecom Holdings LLC (n/k/a Parallel Infrastructure)
- Aquiline Capital Partners in its acquisition of Ontellus
- Basic Energy Services, Inc. in connection with its chapter 11 cases and sale of substantially all of its assets
- Black Knight, Inc. in its acquisition of Optimal Blue LLC, in a transaction that implied an enterprise value of $1.8 billion
- Blackstone in its acquisition of a majority stake in Certified Collectibles Group LLC and its investment in Hotwire Communications
- Brook & Whittle Limited (a portfolio company of Snow Phipps Group) in its acquisition of Label Impressions, Inc.
- Charlesbank Capital Partners, together with Robert Long and Blair Ramey of Sanofi’s North American Consumer Healthcare division, in the formation of Bridges Consumer Healthcare LLC and Bridges' acquisition of the North American rights to ThermaCare® HeatWraps
- Chevron U.S.A. Inc. in its joint venture with Mercuria Energy Trading Inc. to acquire and operate American Natural Gas LLC
- Deluxe Corporation in its $960 million acquisition of First American Payment Systems, L.P.
- Genstar Capital, together with TA Associates, in the acquisition of Orion Advisor Solutions, following the merger of Orion and Brinker Capital
- GHK Capital Partners in its acquisition of ITS Logistics, Inc.
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in its acquisition of a significant stake in Zaxby's Operating Company L.P.
- L’Oréal USA in its acquisition of Thayers Natural Remedies
- MedMen Enterprises Inc. in the transfer of its existing $166 million senior secured convertible notes and associated warrants, representing an approximately 21% potential equity stake in MedMen, to Tilray, Inc.
- MGM Resorts International in its pending $1.625 billion acquisition of the operations of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- MSP Recovery, LLC in its $32.6 billion business combination with Lionheart Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by Lionheart Equities
- Mudrick Capital Management and its portfolio company Thryv Holdings, Inc. in Thryv’s $200 million acquisition of Sensis Pty Ltd.
- Olde Thompson LLC (a portfolio company of Kainos Capital) in its acquisition of Gel Spice Company Inc. and its $950 million sale to Olam Food Ingredients (a subsidiary of Olam International Limited)
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board in its acquisition of a majority stake in NVISION
- Pioneer Metal Finishing, LLC (a portfolio company of Aterian Investment Partners) in its acquisition of Pilkington Metal Finishing LLC
- Providence Equity Partners in its investment in Sweetwater Sound, Inc.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its strategic investment in Wagepoint Inc.
- PSG in its strategic investment in Wagepoint Inc.
- Sumeru Equity Partners in its acquisition of SocialChorus, Inc.
- Thompson Street Capital Partners in its growth investment in Green Mountain Technology, LLC
- Vander-Bend Manufacturing, Inc. (a portfolio company of Aterian Investment Partners) in its acquisition of Swiss Precision Machining, LLC
Ariel received his J.D. from Emory University School of Law and his B.A. from Northwestern University.